Chapter 10

It happened so fast there was nothing anyone could do about it. A bunch of earthquakes has been going through all of Araluen. Many people have last their homes and their lives. All Damian could do was get some supplies and head back. no one could help him, they were all trying to help people in other fiefs, he was on his own. He just hoped James was having better luck than he was.

Luck was not on James's side, people were looking to him for medical aid that he could not give them without the proper supplies. So all James could do was sit and wait for Damian. As James was sitting there in the main hall he heard a loud bang. James stood up and ran to the source of the noise, which was coming from the infirmary where Halt was. Julia had heard it too and was in the hall with James as he opened the door to a sight that they didn't expect. Their Halt was on the floor smiling as the little girl laughed on top of him.

"Halt! You're awake!" James exclaimed as he went over to help Halt up. Halt got up as he leaned on James, not able to hold all of his body weight.

"Ya, I woke up to this little money here climbing on me. then I fell off the bed." Halt said as he picked up the girl and she wrapped her little arms around him.

"You scared us Halt, don't ever do that again," Julia said giving Halt a little hug.

It took a couple of days but soon halt was back on his feet. It was late in the evening and Julia had just come down from putting the little girl to bed. As she sat at a table with James and Halt she remembered what she had been meaning to tell them.

"Halt, I just remembered something. I found someone who knew the little girl's parents. The girl's dad was a woodsman and the mom just stayed at home with their child. She is only two years old, just turned two actually. The weird thing is she doesn't have a name."

"What do you mean she has no name?" James asked

"Her parents just never named her," Julia said

"Where are the people who told you this?" Halt asked Julia looked down and sighed. "They died in one of the earthquakes. The last thing they told him was that the girl has no living relatives."

Rangers Apprentice: Something MissingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara