Chapter 19

Emma got up as fast as she could, but Halt was faster. When Emma opened the door she saw Halt run into the other bed room across from his. Halt ran into the room with Emma right behind him. When Emma got a look into the room she saw that the window was broken and that there was glass every were. Worst of all she didn't see Nyx any were, that could only mean one thing.

"Halt!" She yell as it was hard to hear anything over the gushing wind and rain coming in threw the broken window.

"He took her!" Emma yelled, and before she could say anything else Halt had run out of the room and out the front door. Emma turned around and ran after him. When she got out side she saw halt run into the woods behind the cabin.

"Halt!" Emma yelled after him, but it was to late Halt could no longer hear her. Emma started to thing, what she could do. One question she kept asking herself was, why now? As she thought of what to do she realized something that made her heart jump. Emma turned around and ran back into Halts cabin. As she made her way into the room she looked every were. And then in one last effort she looked in the small closet. When Emma opened the door she was met with a man in a black cloak holding Nyx.

"Let her go!" Emma said not moving her gaze from the man. That was when she realized that the man wasn't moving. Not just that but he wasn't breathing. When Emma saw this she reached out and grabbed Nyx. To her horror the mans arms were stiff. As Emma held a crying Nyx in her arms she realized that the man had been stabbed. When he was stabbed he had been holding tightly to Nyx. Emma didn't know how, but the mans arms went stiff and Nyx didn't fall out. But that just led to the question, who stabbed the man. with that thought Emma suddenly remembered Halt. But before she could do anything a bolt of lightning struck Halts cabin and it set on fire. Emma ran as fast as she could to get outside. When Emma was outside with Nyx she turned to look at Halts cabin which was now burning to the ground. As Emma looked at it her vision suddenly went to movement in the woods behind the cabin. In that moment she saw Halt run in from the woods.

"Halt!" Emma yelled. Halt looked in her direction and ran over. Even in the poring rain Emma could see the look on Halts face as he saw Emma holding Nyx.

"That goodness your ok. Were did you find Nyx, I thought she was taken?" Halt yelled over everything that was going on around them.

"I'll tell you latter!, but first we need to get out of hear." Halt nodded and took Nyx, who was still crying, but when Halt took her Emma thought the she calmed down a bit. Both Emma and Halt got onto their horses and rode off to castle Redmont, which was the closest to Halts cabin. As they rode the wind started to pick up and the rain got worse. Halt was doing his best to cover Nyx from it, but it was just to much.

"Halt, we're going to have to stop!" Emma yelled

"There's a cave up ahead we can stop at!" Halt yelled back. Emma fallowed Halt to a small cave. Both Emma and Halt got off their horses and went into the cave. It was really small, but at least in was dry. and there Emma Halt and Nyx stayed waiting out the storm.