1: Welcome to the Abyss pt I

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

Child of night

They scream in fright

Take their souls

And become whole

The house in suburbs was like any other, a two story traditional splashed with a rich shade of blue to add some color, tucked away on a culdesac.

It was a cross between the ultimate haven where one came to rest all their earthly possessions, and hell.

This place was where teens entering into the adulthood dwelled while their guides hoped they accomplished their dreams in this world.

However, in between the cracks dwelling in shadows, realm-shattering secrets lingered. Secrets that would soon burst from the seams and surround the family in chaos.

☠️☠️☠️

The sounds of flesh being torn from bones filled the hollow night along with screams of anguish as the boy she loved and confessed to ripped through her flesh under the ominous glow of the full moon.

"Cade," she croaked, holding a bloody hand out to fend him off. Only to be met with silver moon-blinked eyes. They weren't human. His lip curled and the air left her in a whoosh as she got a looked at his canines drenched in her blood.

"Please," she begged. He launched for her throat and then it went black.

Slamming the book shut, Rosalinda scrunched her nose at the thrill shooting through her. Devouring human flesh should not entice or excite her. She shuddered, this book was supposed to be a romance. Meh. Chucking it on the side of the bed, she stretched completely bored.

At seventeen years old, she was an average teenage with an average dysfunctional family where the parents played favorites, only she couldn't recall a time where she was the focal point of such a word. But she was the middle child. One of those that were the forgotten between the first love child and baby of the family. She sighed, her eyes sliding around her room catching her image in the window.

Her rich dark auburn locks hanged around her listless waves while large gray eyes sat dolefully on her face. Rosalinda's appearance was completely different from the brown locks and blue eyes her brother and sister possessed. It made her feel like an outsider within her own family. She hated it. Instead, her eyes slid past her reflection, focusing on the image beyond the window.

Leaves stained rich colors of red, browns, and yellows marked the death of summer, and birth of fall and a new school year. She was happy to be finishing her senior year at a different school. Weird right. Leaving all her old friends for new ones. Che. She tried blending in, but nothing worked. In the end, she was going to be that kid, the freak.

She flopped back onto her bed with unnerving thoughts of her sister starting freshman year at the same school. Great. The girl possesssed some ungodly ability to manipulate people. They thought she was charismatic and nice. But Rosalinda knew better. Her sister was insidious.

Hearing the footsteps approaching from outside her door, she rolled over onto her stomach and groaned into her pillow. Decisions, decisions, decisions, should she feign sleep? Bleh, it wouldn't have any effect. What did she want? She felt so weary, if only she could melt into the background. Rachel barged into her room making demands, typical.