Chapter 19: Whispers of Death and Moonlight Sonata

Please vote.

Chains will break

They will take

Your soul

Lovers quarrel

Behold

The power you hold

She was happy to be away from Cyriac and back into the safe and confines of her room

She was happy to be away from Cyriac and back into the safe and confines of her room. Embarrassment didn't even began to cover it. Throwing herself on the bed, she buried her face into the pillow trying to wish her wanton need away. It was such a strange thing to be led by primal urges. She understood feeding, but this was copulating with the opposite sex. This was different and involved emotions, and stuff, instead of just gobbling souls. Sick of her thoughts, she opted for a cool shower.

As the water pummeled her skin, her thoughts strayed briefly to her family, it suddenly made sense why her father never wanted her, well her step-father. It really didn't matter. It still hurt. Hopefully, Dominic was still living a mundane life. How did that even work? Were they missing? Or did they, simply fade?

Oddly, it was her detachment that sent an unsettling feeling through her. Was she losing her hold on humanity? Wringing out her hair, she wrapped the rich maroon colored towel around her and preceded towards her massive walk-in closet. It was certainly different than her upbringing in the mortal realm. Sliding into a pair of dark blue jeans, ankle boots, and a black tee, she tossed her towel in the hamper. She settled for putting on the kettle for some tea when she heard knocking coming from the door.

"Hello?" she answered hoping to avoid any more confrontation with the fae prince. She grinned widely spotting Gora, only to frown when her eyes fell upon Drac's form. "Um, what are you guys doing here?" she asked stepping aside to let them in.

"We're here to bask in the glory of the school knowing you're the King's destine." Gora gloated.

Rosalinda wanted to avoid thoughts of Cyriac and their little play earlier, so she darted over towards the kettle to keep her hands busy.

"Future queen to all darklings, just who are you?" Drac mumbled scratching his chin to follow her into the kitchenette. Alarms went off in her head. Daddy certainly wouldn't like it if her secret was ousted. Her eyes slid over to Gora, only to frown at the apprehensive look on the young demoness face. What? Drac couldn't be that important.

"Well, duh, isn't that why I'm here in this place?" she said shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. Grabbing the kettle off the stovetop, she poured herself a cup, sighing as the rich aroma of chamomile wafted through the air and right into her nasal passages. Pulling the teacup close, her brows furrowed spotting Drac walking around the living area in deep thought. Maybe this guy was smarter than he looked.