14. Magic 101

Please vote.

Come little souls

I give you a tomb

You live again

In the devil's den

Stepping over the threshold into history class was like descending through the gates of hell and into Dante's Inferno. Her eye twitched as she tried futilely not to gawk at the different creatures in class.
Their skin tones ranged on the darker side of the color spectrum, and claws drilled impatiently onto a dark crystal desk. This couldn't be safe. Feeling like a complete outsider, she shuffled forward while they chatted amongst themselves.

Hmm, this plum colored crystal desk felt like any other desk in the mortal realm. Solid and sturdy. The material was so smooth, she couldn't even feel the little grooves. Other than the unique desk, the room was like any other stadium seating styled classroom. Plain and boring. She wished Gora had this class with her. Sighing, she chewed her bottom lip, resting her chin in her left hand. She already bored.

The chatter ceased signaling a new person, must be the teach. Finally, the professor was here. Her eyes leapt toward his massive form coming into the classroom before sliding over to the girl standing next to him.

"No way," she gasped in shock sitting up straight to focus on her. Familiarity flooded through her bones and she knew for certain it was her. When did she?

"Ayumi! What are you doing here?!" she shouted forgetting everyone around her. Her limbs froze, everyone in class turned their laser sharp focus onto her. Uh oh. She hated being the center of attention.

Clearing her throat she shrank away. Why were they still looking at her? Her lip twitched and she felt something within her flare to life. As her discomfort grew, the room became darker. The shadows, they were coming from them. They were going to snuff out their lights. She resisted the urge to smirk.

Yu hurried to her side.

"Rose, breathe. I promise to explain everything, later," she said grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze. Suddenly, she didn't feel so alone.

"You better," she whispered as they took their seats to begin the lesson.

Rosalinda stared as a high pitched whistled swallowed the room and students clutched their ears in response. Well, that was one way to get everyone's attention. This guy looked human, she thought studying the chestnut color mop on his head. Her brows furrowed as she met his eyes. They looked like fresh cut diamonds. No, seriously. Squeezing her eyes shut, she pushed her palms against them as a headache formed at her temples. She should avoid looking him in the eyes. She scolded herself as he gave some sort secret smile before returning to the lesson. What was that about?