Prologue

"Trevor, I need a boyfriend." I stated walking into his room.

"Okay?" Trevor paused his videogame and looked at me with a cute frown from his spot at the floor.

"I think it's about time. I've never had a boyfriend and suddenly everyone has somebody. Kate, Amanda, Matt, even my little brother! Everyone is ditching me for their new buddies." I sighed frustrated throwing myself on his bed.

"I'm not ditching you for anybody, and your brother is not that little. He's seventeen! When you say it like that it sounds as if he's five." Trevor said patiently.

"He is little to me. I know you are not ditching me, but everyone else is. Besides, I think it's time to know what all the fuss is about." I say making exaggerated hand gestures at the ceiling.

"Do you realize how weird that sounds?" He says straining his neck to look back at me.

"I only want a boyfriend!"

"You sound like a five-year-old making a tantrum at his mother in the supermarket." He stated. "You can't just wish for a boyfriend."

"Why not? It doesn't seem that complicated. Just last week this guy Jared asked me out, maybe I can tell him that I changed my mind." That sounded like a good plan. He was cute. Nice brown eyes, average height, maybe not the smartest person in the room but pretty okay. He even gave me chocolates.

"First of all, his name was Jason. " Ups. "Second of all, he is seeing someone else now."

I scoffed. Someone else! He said he liked me a lot. "How dare he?!"

"You were rude to him. What here you expecting? He was not going to follow you around like a lost puppy." Trevor rolled his eyes.

"I am so insulted right now."

"You threw the flowers he got you at his face." Trevor pointed out.

"I'm allergic!" I defended myself.

"You didn't have to throw them at his face! Say thank you and get rid of them later."

"And have a huge allergic reaction for three days? I think not!" I raised my head from the mattress and pointed a finger at him.

"Why do you want a boyfriend anyways? You don't even like to date." Trevor resumed his videogame turning away from me.

"I told you already. I want to see what all the fuss is about, and I've been single long enough." I explain.

"Try more like, all your life." Trevor commented absentmindedly.

That's exacly why I want to try new things. My whole life I've been avoding any type of romantic relationship. Not because some guy broke my heart or anything like it. I just never felt that I needed something like that. A boy would try to come up to me and be nice but I just never felt interested enough. I've been to a coulpe of dates, it's not as if I'm completly useless in that department, but I never felt the esterotypical butterflies and whatnot. I never had a second date.

A couple of weeks ago I had one of my episodes in which I just lock myself in my room and watch movies all day. I had a chick-flicks maraton of all the new movies Netflix had uploaded and this idea popped up. Seeing my friends and even fictional movie characters with their significan others made me question if maybe I was just too close minded in the dating department.

"I was never interested in dating. It is a waste of time and money, you know that."

"I know you think that. So, what? You suddenly decided that you want a boyfriend. How are you going to accomplish that?"

"I need your help." That is the reason I came here in the first place. Trevor can help me find potential boyfriends, he has a lot of friends since he's in the football team of our school, UCLA. Besides knowing everyone in the team, everyone knows him. He is the best wide receiver in the state, the next step for him is being drafted in the NFL. Of course, that's a long way down the road because we're only in forth semester. Waiting for that to happen I'm sure he can introduce me interesting people. I explain this to him, and I'm met with some reluctance. Nothing that I didn't expect.

"Are you out of your mind, Dakota?!" His videogame long forgotten, he stands from the ground and fully turns to look at me. I just shrug biting my lower lip. Trevor is starting to turn a funny shade of red. "I can't believe you!"

"Come on! It will be fun! You don't have to set me up with your close friends, just guys you think will work for me. You can even spy on the dates!" I try to convince him.

"I'm not going to offer you around like meat." Trevor sounds truly pissed by now. The slight humor I previously had is replaced by concern. Maybe I went too far, I frown.

"I'm not telling you to offer me around. Just arrange a couple of blind dates, maybe something comes out of it or maybe it doesn't." I try to reason. "Just ten."

"Ten! Those are ten too many! I'm not going to be a part of this." He says exasperated.

"Pretty please!" I bat my eyelashes at him, with my best puppy eyes. The puppy eyes always work with him. "I'll do your laundry for the football season. I'll wash all your jerseys and equipment, and you know how awful they end up smelling."

Trevor doesn't say anything, and I take that as my que to continue. "As I said, you can come undercover to the date, and watch me make an idiot of myself. I'll help you with your homework and watch every single one of your games."

"You already watch my games." That was true, but I decide to ignore him.

"You even get to pick up my outfits."

"Why in hell would I even want to do that?"

"Imagine all the possibilities! If you made me dress as a clown I would do it." Trevor contemplates my proposal for a while, scratching his chin for dramatic effect. I smile shaking my head.

"I have conditions." He starts. "I get to pick the guys. You take care of my laundry, I'm going to say no to the outfits. I get your help with homework. Just ten dates over the span of two months. You go to my games, but you'll have to be at the bench, forget the bleachers. That cool?"

I jump to hug him. "Sounds good to me! This is going to be fun."

He puts me at arm's length. "I have the first one." There's an evil glint in his eyes.

"Really?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"A guy in the team asked about you at practice today. I don't know him that much, he's a transfer student. He said he knows we are friends and wanted a date. I'll talk to him tomorrow and we are all set for the first one." Trevor explains.

"Sounds good." I'm already exited. I can't wait to get into the dating life. Bring it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts?

The story is ALMOST complete. I'm only missing about 5 chapters but I thought it was best to publish the first 5 and go from there, so there are going to be updates Mondays and Thursdays.

Regards,
A. L. Pecka