Chapter V: in which someone cries

I'll have to go to a date hungover. Trevor forgot to mention the small detail that, after all, he managed to squeeze another date for me. At ten in the morning he announced that I had to get ready. When I asked him to bring me Advil he threw a pillow at my head. I guess he was still mad at me for my almost show last night.

I tried to ask for the details, but he was giving me the cold shoulder. I decided to shower and dress, and just wait for whatever was meant to happen. At three in the afternoon I was watching a new Netflix movie when the doorbell rung. I ignored it, focused in my movie. A minute later I heard Trevor's voice.

"Dakota! Your date is here!" He said from somewhere in the apartment.

I scrambled to my feet closing my laptop. I shoved things I won't be needing in my purse and slipped my sandals. I walked into the living room and headed over to the two boys standing by the door. They turned to me. My date, which his name I didn't know, smiled slightly at me. Trevor walked away leaving us alone. I started after him until he disappeared in the corner that leads to his room.

"I'm Dakota." I turned back to the guy extending a hand.

"I know." He smiled taking my hand. "My name is Matias."

The name suited him. He was clearly Hispanic, with olive skin, deep brown eyes and dark hair. The accent was also a huge give away.

"What's the plan?" I asked curiously. "Trevor didn't tell me anything."

"I was thinking about chicken wings. You up for it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Sure, sounds great." I walked to the door and stepped outside after one last glance to Trevor over my shoulder. He ignored us and I shut the door.

We walkes outside the appartment and he guided me to his motorcycle.

"We are not leaving in that."

"I have an extra helmet." He pulled two helmets from the seat compartment. "Don't worry."

I took a small step back. There was no way I was driving around in a death machine. "We can take my car. I just have to grab my keys really quick."

"Come on! Be a little adventurous." He offered me the helmet. "I promise I'll drive under the speed limit."

I played with my fingers biting my lower lip.

"The restaurant is five minutes away. We won't even drive through a highway. Put the helmet on." He urged.

I took a deep breath and put the helmet on. I refused to look like a scared little girl in front of him. Besides I wanted to try new things, right? Matias swung a leg over the bike and patted the spot behind him. I did the same and held his shoulders. If he was driving slow and the restaurant was five minutes away I didn't need to hug him from behind.

As he promised, we got to the restaurant in five minutes. I jumped off and handed him the helmet. I was glad I decided on wearing jeans, because with a dress that would've been awkward. We walked to the restaurant and waited a few minutes for a table.

"You attend UCLA?" I asked him once we were seated.

"Yes, I'm majoring on film and television."

"Oh, why did you choose that?" I asked with genuine curiosity.

"Cinematography is my passion. I started as a photographer in my early teens, and later realized that pictures in motion were my thing." We were interrupted by a waitress.

"Welcome to Buffalo Wild Wings, can I take your order?" She asked with a polite smile.

Matias looked at me and I took that as my que. "I want a bottled water and 15 boneless Honey BBQ, please."