Chapter II: in which she gets a proposal

Trevor as Jimmy Garoppolo. Fun fact: Jimmy is the quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's Saturday, two days after my jail time, and I'm waiting for my date at a downtown restaurant. I got here early because Trevor wanted to pick the best spot to spy on us. He finally had his car back and a free Saturday night. He got the whole incognito outfit going on. Shades on his eyes, football cap of the GB Packers – we like the same team – and a black hoody. I avoided looking too much at his corner, but I can't help the slight chuckle that comes out of me. I can't believe I agreed to come today. At the insistance of Trevor I decided that one date wouldn't ruin my plan, so here we were.

Trevor didn't tell me much about this new guy. I just know that he's not in the team. Trevor said he had been asking him for my number for a while now and Trevor probably helped me out by keeping the guy away. Now that I told him to find me a guy, they start popping up. I have another date on Tuesday, and because of the first football match of the season Trevor left unoccupied my Friday and Saturday. I feel like I have a personal assistant managing my schedule. When, where and with who I have to go.

A short guy came into my peripheral vision. He reminded me of Josh Hutcherson. The 5'6 height, dark hair, pale skin and bluish green eyes. Hight is not an issue for me. I myself am a short person of 5'4. Trevor used to call me Hobbit on freshman year in high school; but if I had a say, I prefer tall guys like Trevor. He is a full seven inches taller than me. I get to use high heels and he is still taller than me. Huge turn on for me.

Josh Hutchersonblooked around, searching. Trevor quickly picked up his menu and hid behind it. I put a hand over my mouth to stifle a
laugh. I cleared my throat to catch his attention.

"Are you Dakota?" He asked. As if he doesn't know who I am, the guy asked for my number!

"Yes." I smiled politely at him. "Do you want to sit?"

"Thanks." He removed the brown jacket he was wearing and sat. I wondered why he even needs a jacket. Its August in Los Angeles. "I'm Josh, by the way. I'm not late, am I?"

Oh my God, he is Josh! Of course no the real Josh Hutcherson, but if the actor had a twin I wouldn't doubt it. I want to text Trevor about it, but it would be rude. Dating 101: never use your phone on a date.

"Hi, Josh. No, you are not late. I got here early." I lie. He was fifteen minutes late.

A waiter came by to take our drinks after Josh called him over. We ordered and he hurried away.

"So, Dakota. You are friends with Trevor, right?" Josh started.

"Yup, we've know each other since high school. How do you know him?" I can't help but ask.

"We had a class together last semester. We run into each other sometimes." He explained with an easygoing smile.

"That's cool." I can't help but hope that this one ends as a nice date. So far, so good. The waiter came back to take our orders and I asked for a simple cheeseburger. When it is Josh's turn things start to get a little suspicious.

"I want a baguette with no veggies, no dressing and no jam."

"Just the bread and cheese, sir?" The waiter asked trying to hide his confusion.

"No, no, no, no. You are missing the mayonnaise." Josh replied rudely.

"Um, okay. Anything else?"

"No, you can go now." Josh dismissed him. I discreetly turned to Trevor giving him a look. He was trying not to laugh out loud. I gave him a pointed stare and he shook his head smiling. Josh was looking at me, so I quickly turned back to him.