Chapter XII: in which they shower

I was sneezing. Trevor was trying to open the door to the apartment complex. The wind was throwing water to my face and I was completely soaked. We couldn't find a single taxi on the way here. We managed a 20 minutes walk in only 15 minutes. After Trevor told me to run everything was okay until I slipped on a puddle almost falling on my face. Thankfully Trevor caught me on time.

"Would you-" Sneez. "-hurry."

"I'm trying." He shouted. "The keys are wet and slippery."

"Give me that!" I snatched the keys away opening the door in a second, even with the remaining slight dizziness from the alcohol.

I fast-walked to the second floor, where the apartment was and threw open the door. Seconds later Trevor walked in. I was shivering so bad I worried that the neighbors would think the earth was shaking.

"Why did we have to go to your stupid party?" I threw the keys in the designated bowl on the table by the couch.

"You were the one that refused to drive and then to let me drive." He reasoned.

"But you insisted with the party!" I accused pointing my finger.

"We've already gone through this." He rubbed his face.

I sighed. "I don't want to fight with you."

"Me neither, just go and take a shower first."

The only thing I did't like about our apartment was the bathroom. It had two doors that connected my bedroom with Trevor's, so we shared the bathroom. We didn't have any problems because each door has a lock so when one of us was showering we just locked the other door.

"No, you shower first." I complained. "You'll get sick."

"So will you." He rolled his eyes. "Just go shower."

"We can shower together." I suggested, Trevor raised a single eyebrow with wide eyes and I realized what I just said.

"I mean," I blushed even more. "with our clothes on. Just to have the hot water warming us up."

The little traitor of my brain managed to make me tomato red with the thought of "warming up" with Trevor and I internally groaned.

Trevor smirked. "Okay."

Trying to shake the awkward off I grabbed his hand and pulled him through my bedroom and into the bathroom. With shaking cold fingers, I ran the shower to let it warm. Trevor didn't say anything, and we waited until the bathroom was covered with steam. I gave him a small smile and walked into the shower fully clothed.

The water was amazing, and I sighed. I couldn't make myself to turn around when I felt Trevor stepping in behind me. I just scooted closer to the wall so that he could be under the stream too. I felt him coming closer and towering over me. My heart was beating like crazy and I felt on the brink of hyperventilation. I shivered, and it had nothing to do with the rain.

When Trevor noticed he turned me around with a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him through my lashes and he pulled me to his chest with my hands on his chest and his cheek resting on top of my head. We stayed like that for a minute or two in complete silence. I was not cold anymore and I started worrying about the water we were wasting. I was not going to use shampoo right now and I'll have to take a real shower in the morning, so I pushed him back a little.

"We're wasting water."

"You're right." He sighed. "But I'm so comfortable right now."

"We can be comfortable with a cup of chocolate." I suggested with a grin.