Chapter XIII: in which she chills with a rodent

The next day I called Kate. I hadn't seen her in a while and I was desperate to talk to someone. Amanda mentioned she had a seminar or something during the weekend so she was busy. I met Kate in Starbucks. She was late, so I had already sat at a booth with my frappe.

"I'm so happy to see you!" She sit after getting her latte. "It's been a while. I'm glad you called."

"I thought I'd see you at the party yesterday." I smiled. "I was heartbroken."

"Don't be so dramatic." She rolled her eyes. "I had a stomach ache and decided just to chill for the day. Matt wanted to stay with me, but I told him to go have fun. I slept from eight till today."

"Are you feeling okay now?" I frowned.

"Yes! I'm good now. I ate a lot the last couple of days and it took a toll on my stomach." Kate explained.

"I'm glad your okay now." I smiled.

"You have some explaining to do, missy!" She pointed at me. "What happened with that guy from the team and Trevor?"

"Straight to the point." I chuckled. I would be lying if is said I didn't call Kate to discus everything that happened yesterday. "We can get back to that later." I fiddled with my fingers. "Something else... happened."

"Start talking!"

"Trevor kissed me yesterday." Kate choked on her latte and started coughing. I patted her back until she regained her breath.

"What?!" Kate finally managed.

"Trevor kissed me." I repeated.

"I can't believe he actually did it!" She looked baffled.

"What do you mean by that?" I frowned.

"Oh.. ahem... nothing, nothing." She suspiciously dismissed it. "Tell me the whole story. Every. Single. Detail."

"Okay, well, it started at the party..." And I told her everything.

"I don't know what to do, Kate. I know I have to talk to him, but I don't even know what to say." I sighed frustrated. "This morning I was hoping we could talk. That he could explain to me what the hell happened, but he was not in the apartment."

"I don't think there's much explaining needed." Kate commented.

"Of course he has to explain!" I exclaimed and started ranting. "He can't just kiss me and tell me all those things and expect me to undestand what his deal is. He's been acting weird for a while now and he doesn't have the balls to come forward al talk about it"

"He told you everything." Kate said calmly. "You just have to pay attention."

"Atenttion to what? He's my best friend, he can tell me anything."

"He already did!" Kate rolled her eyes and drank from her latte, whitout choking this time.

"He came up with some bullshit of not wanting to risk our friendship. He is already doing it by not telling me his deal!" I banged my fist agains the table.