Epilogue

Two weeks after my date with Trevor it's Christmas, it's crazy how fast time passes by. Our families have spend Christmas together for the last three years. Trevor and I came back home from LA two days ago because we had some things to take care of in school and also because we didn't want to go back just yet.

Ever since that first date our relationship had been changing and we were too occupied with it we never got to the part of planing our trip back home.

Mom was playing Christmas songs while I was setting the table for dinner. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas started playing and it made me remember that day three weeks ago.

We decided to go to the beach again that weekend. The weather was cold and there was no way we could swim today just like last week, but Trevor wanted to go.

We tried to get into the ocean but the water was too cold and we just stayed by the sand with our last minute pick-nick. The sun kept us warm until it started getting late and the sun was slowly hiding.

We were cuddling on top of the towels with Christmas carols coming through my phone when Trevor suddenly sat. I almost had a heart attack because of the sudden movement.

"What? What happened?"

"Koda, I don't want to wait any longer."

"Wait for what?" I was confused, I had no idea what he was talking about.

"You know I've liked you for a long time." He was looking at me with such intensity that it stole my breath away. "I know we have only had one official date but we've known each other for years. I've dreamt about being with you like this countless of times and I'm so lucky to have it become true."

He was caressing my cheek and then moved one finger down my throat and my arm until he was holding my hand.

"What I'm trying to say is that here, on the beach, were we had our date last week I want to ask... will you be my girlfriend?"

After that of course I said yes, and we've been 'official' for three weeks. Trevor was nervous about spending Christmas together because none of our parents knew about us and we had agreed to tell them during dinner.

He wanted to wait indefinitly to tell them, but I just wanted everyone to know. My best guess was that he was nervous about my father's reaction, but he has know Trevor for as long as we've been friends and he likes him. That's how I managed to convince him to tell them today.

I finished with the table and told my mom I was going to go get changed. Trevor and his parents were going to be here in about an hour and I had to get ready. I showered and changed into a simple black dress. I finished my makeup and hair just in time. I was applying the last coat of mascara when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I jumped from my seat and rand down the stairs.

My mom was just coming out of the kitchen and I managed to beat her to the door. I opened it with a big smile.

"Dakota, how have you been?" Mary, Trevor's mom said with a smile.

"Hi, Mary. I'm great. I'm glad you're here." I turned to Trevor's dad. "Hello, Jack. Come in."

Mary hugged me on her way in and Jack offered a kiss to the cheek. They had brought cake and wine and I told them to leave it in the kitchen. They made their way inside leaving Trevor and me alone.

He hugged me instantly and whispered in my ear. "Hello, Koda."

"Hi, I missed you."

"You saw me two days ago." He pulled back.

"I still missed you." I glanced behind me to make sure there was no one there and stole a quick kiss.

"Oh, no, you don't." Trevor pulled me back for a longer kissed that made me forget for a moment we couldn't be kissing.

I laughed. "Stop! We have to go inside."

***

Everything was ready for dinner. My mom kept playing Christmas songs and everyone helped put the food on the table. With our squared dinning table mom and dad where sitting together left to Trevor and I and, Mary and Jack were in in front of us. We had talked about everything and nothing at the same time by the time we got to dessert. Mary had baked a delicious cheesecake.

Conversations started dying and everyone was concentrated on dessert. I cleared my throat to gain everyone's attention.

"We have a announcement to make." I started. Trevor turned to me with a panicked face. Everyone else in the table turned to me with slight interest. I placed a hand in Trevor's leg and squished gently. He slid his hand over my fingers.

"Please, don't tell me you're pregnant!" My father exclaimed.

"What! No! Trevor and I are dating now!"

My father almost choked on his glass of wine, Trevor's dad raised his eyerbrows in surprise, and my mom and Trevor's all but squeaked in what I could only describe as delight. I could see from the corner of my eye that Trevor was scratching the back of his head.

"What?!" My mom threw her hands up in a universal sign of questioning. "When did this happen?"

"About a week ago." I replied. I looked at my father waiting for him to say something.

"Finally, son." Jack, Trevor's dad, smiled from across the table.

"I'm so glad for you two." Mary said.

"I know you'll take care of her." That was as much approval we would get from my father.

There were no awkward talks after the announcement as I was expecting. We finished dinner and Trevor and I went on dish-washing duty. Afterwards we opened the presents.

I couldn't wait to get some alone time with Trevor, so when we finished with the presents we sliped outside to the porch steps leaving the adults in the livingroom.

"That went better than what I was expecting." Trevor commented.

"I know, right? I thought my father was going to freak out."

"You told me not to worry about you father!" He complained.

"I didn't want you to freak out!" I defended myself.

"I'm glad everyone knows now." He pulled me on a side hug. I leaned my head on his shoulder. It was cold even with the thighs I was wearing with my dress. I shivered a little and Trevor noticed. He oppened his jacked to let me cuddle closer to him.

"I'm glad you're in my life, Trev."

"Who's the corny one now?" He teased. I pushed him away a little.

"Shut up."

"I love you." He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's officialy over, I'm SHOOKET. Amazing that I started this book about a year ago. It's the first one I actually finish and to be honest it's a strange feeling.

Please leave your comments about the story!

I'm aware that it needs editing, but I'll get to that on another moment.

Thank you if you've gotten to this point! Seriously, thanks for reading!

Regards,

A. L. Pecka