12

Dedicated to @poetiic_justiice for reading and commenting! 

ISABELLE'S POV

I'm usually the first person to come to class in every morning and today I'm earlier than usual. Which is funny because I hate school. As I walked in my class, I saw a bag on top of my former desk, behind the bag was Dean resting his head on the desk. "Dean?"

He looks up and frowns. "You're early." I said and walked happily to him. "Did you change your bag?"

"No." He gives a simple answer.

"I've never seen you with this bag before."

"I know you haven't."

That wasn't the answer I was expecting but I was happy that he answered me in the first place. "Why are you early?"

He shrugged and rested his head on the desk again. "Did you change your mind about me sitting with you?"

Dean shook his head, I couldn't see his face but I was that he's annoyed that I'm asking too many questions. "Do you like the girl they put with you?"

Dean shook his head again. "Why not?" I asked still standing in front of him.

"She's boring you're not."

A smug smile went across my lips. "That means I'm interesting?"

Dean raised his head. "I never said that, don't put words in my mouth." He brought his bag closer to him and brought a novel out. "You like reading?"

Dean shrugged and opened the book to read it.

My mind went back to the bet I made with Vina, I could ask Dean to teach me for the next test. "Dean can I ask you for a favour?"

Dean looked up from his book. "I don't do favours but what is it?"

"Teach me English." My voice was demanding and not asking.

"You just spoke English." He said and went back to reading his book.

"That's not what I meant, I mean English the subject we learn in school. I need help for the next test."

"No." His eyes didn't leave the book in his hand.

"No what?"

Dean frowned, a deeper one. "I'm not going to teach you English."

"Please..."

"N-" Dean stopped talking and looked behind me. I turned around to see why, two boys just walked in.

And with their arrival, Dean went back to being Mr. Silent.

DEAN'S POV

I noticed her frown as she sat besides to me. The two guys who walked in waved to her and she waved back. If she likes them so much she should just go talk to them and leave me alone.

I don't understand her sudden change in behaviour it's not like I would care, I don't. I can't believe she asked me to teach her for our next English test. I don't even think it's possible for her to be taught, she's just too dull.

"What do I do when your old seat partner comes?"

I ignored her question and went back to reading my book. She should have learnt by now that I'd never speak to her in front of anyone but like I said before, I don't think it's possible for her to be taught.

"You're annoying." She said and got up from the seat.

What?

"I thought you changed but you can't even talk to me in front of two people. You did it before why can't you do it again? The fact that you're purposely ignoring me is just stupid!" She yelled and stormed off.

In frustration, I closed my book and threw it in my bag. I stood up to go after her but when I thought about it, I shook my head and sat down. No way, Isabelle. Nice try but no way.

Soon, the class was filled with students but with Isabelle not around, the class still felt empty.