34

ISABELLE'S POV

Guilt.

That's what followed me to class the next day. It only became worse when I saw Dean sitting alone, tracing circles with his fingers on the table as a result of boredom.

It's usually like this every morning but this was different, I wanted to say so much to him but I didn't have the courage to. He looked sad and I was probably the reason for it. "Hi." I said.

"Hi." He looked at me briefly.

"So... you're not sitting with Kendrix today?"

"No but I can leave if you want me to."

"No, no, no. I mean... it was your seat originally, it's your choice."

Dean didn't seem interested in listening to me stutter. "So..." I said. "Um... Drake got called to the principal's office yesterday and the thing is he confessed everything."

"I know I was there."

"Of course you were." I played with my hair awkwardly praying hard that I won't embarrass myself. "You see the thing is, what I'm trying to say is you were right and I should have believed you."

"Yeah whatever."

"Right." I looked at him wondering what to say next. "So our final exams are coming up."

"I know."

He knows everything, doesn't he? "We'll be in grade 10 next year."

He knows that too, crap. "I know." He said.

"We could still be in the same class."

"Probably not."

I frowned at the way he said that, like he had no interest in seeing me next year. I thought of something better to say, "Yesterday... I didn't... I never agreed to be Drake's girlfriend, you just assumed the wrong thing."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Dean asked slightly irritated.

"Probably."

"Well it doesn't."

"Sorry but you're making this so hard."

"No you're the one making this so complicated, I'm not mad at you, you're not mad at me, I made a mistake, you made a mistake, we both apologized and it's over."

"But why do you still sound so upset?"

"Because maybe Isabelle you hurt me, maybe I was insanely jealous seeing you with Drake yesterday and you yelling at me and taking his side made it worse for me or maybe it's because I started speaking to people because of you."

"I..." I didn't know what to say, Dean's obviously tired of hearing the words I'm sorry.

"Congratulations Isabelle, you made me speak but you didn't have to make me fall for you as well." He got up looking annoyed and walked out of the class.

I couldn't do anything but watch him leave, when I asked him yesterday he said it doesn't matter, he didn't say no, he said it doesn't matter.

* * * *

"I can't believe that Drake's the criminal mind behind everything and to think that they blamed Dean and Kendrix took the blame!" Someone behind me said, everyone was still fascinated about the incident and it was officially crowned as topic of discussion for the day.

We were all in class, the teacher was absent and no one felt the need of reporting an absent teacher.

I kept stealing glances at Dean, this wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't get caught each time. I liked to see his reactions to the rumors, his mood has been the same since this morning.

"What did you do to Dean?" Vina whispered in my ears.

"What makes you think that I did anything?"

Vina shrugged. "He's been looking at you." She whispered.

"Nope, I've been looking at him." I said. No way has Dean been looking at me, he couldn't care less if I existed.

"Last day of school is coming up and I'm planning a water fight, are you guys in?" Kendrix asked.

"Why not?" Bucket laughed. "It's tradition."

"Great I'll bring my water guns!" Vina yelled. "No Vina, no water guns." Kendrix said.

Vina pouted and so did some other people who were disappointed. "Why no water guns?"

"Because we're using balloons."

"I prefer guns. Dean pick one!"

I found it weird that anyone could call Dean and expect him to answer them.

Dean looked at them and answered. "What?"

I found it more weird that he was actually answering them. He used to answer me and ignore them, what happened to Mr. Silent?

"So last day of school water fight, guns or balloons?" Vina asked.

"Balloons. No one would see the balloons coming so we won't get caught and I prefer bringing a bunch of balloons in my bag instead of bringing a big gun that might not even fit in my bag."

"See? Dean has brains. Less heavy, they're more and no one would see it coming."

Kendrix and Dean did fist pumps and I got a little jealous of their man love. Dean never did fist pumps with me. "You're so intelligent Dean." I blurted out.

Everyone around us gave me weird looks and Dean raised an eyebrow at me. "Thank you?" He said.

I nodded happily and felt proud of myself. "Isabelle what is wrong with you?" Vina whispered in my ears.

"Stay out of my love life."

Authors Note

momclub made a trailer for Mr. Silent and I, check it out above it's amazing!

One more chapter and I'm done !

Peace ✌!