25

Lips.

Dean's lips crushed into mine in an instant and just for a moment the world stood still, his arms wrapped around me and I embraced the war-

"Dean, let's go! The rain stopped!"

Dean backed away from me immediately looking more scared than I was. "Dean?"

"I-I'm sorry."

"Dean?"

"No I'm not sorry! I mean my sister..." Dean looked at the door anxiously.

"You have to-"

"Go. I have to go, I'm sorry." Dean opened the door and walked out.

"Let me say goodbye to Isabelle." I heard from the other side.

"No she's busy, let's go."

"What'd you do to her?"

"Who said I did something to her? I didn't do anything let's go!"

"Isabelle bye!"

Bye. I frowned and sank in my bed,  Dean kissed me. Dean Adams, who speaks to no one except his family, kissed me. Dean freaking Adams.

What am I going to do? How am I going to face him tomorrow? I reached for my phone and saved Dean's number. I'm not going to break any rules by texting him, I'm not going to call him. I'm only going to stare at his phone number and wait for him to call me.

Hopefully.

***

School.

Staring right in front of me was Eastwood High. I've never dreaded walking on as much as I do now. Why? Dean is in there.

He's the first to be in class.
I'm the second to be in class.

And today's the day that my dad decided to go to work earlier. How great.

"Isabelle it's called school, you might not like it but you go in it, now go!" Dad said.

I grumbled inwardly and forced my legs to move. I could walk pass our class, skip to Cat's class and escape. But of course Dean would see me through the window except if he's distracted by that book he's always reading. And then I'll have to be in class for first period so basically I'm doomed.

It's amazing how the only thought in my head since yesterday has been about Dean. He doesn't think about me when he's at home, I bet that he slept perfectly well yesterday.

Caught up by my thoughts, I didn't know the time that I reached my classroom door. I peaked in, empty. Phew!

"Hey."

I bounced in shock at the sound of his voice. "You scared me!"

"Really? Because you were looking for me." Dean walked pass me into the class. So this is it? Pretend that the kiss didn't happen? 

"I wasn't looking for you. How important do you think you are?" Dean and I both laughed and I walked in. Finally, I can breathe properly around him.

"About yesterday..."

"Yes?!" My anxiety beat my brain and spoke.

"I'm sorry about it." Dean settled down in his seat. "It didn't mean anything to you, did it?"

Hurting.

My stomach was killing me and this was not hunger. "What?"

"Did it?"

I choked on my own breath. "No, no."

"Okay. But that wasn't your first kiss, was it?"

Of course it was, you heartbreaking, wicked, selfish silent boy! "No, no it wasn't."

"So you're not mad at me?"

"No." I fought back the pain and looked away. "Why would I be?"

The class door opened and I wanted to scream for Vina to help me but it wasn't her, it was Drake. "Isabelle?"

"Drake!"

He chuckled and walked in. "I can't remember the last time that you called me Drake." He walked closer to me. "Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine!"

"No you're not." Drake turned to Dean. "What did you do to her?"

"He didn't do anything to me, I'm fine! Probably just your imagination."

Drake rolled his eyes. "You ignored my calls."

"I was busy."

"You didn't reply my text."

"What text?"

Wow. They really need to give me an award for lying today.

"You didn't get it?"

I shook my head.

"I asked if you liked silent guy over there."

I did not feel comfortable talking to Drake in front of Dean and I didn't like the way Dean was referred to as 'silent guy over there.'

"His name is Dean and I don't like him." I don't like him.

"You don't?"

"Why would I?" Why should I? He doesn't like me obviously. I turned to Dean who was now focused on reading his usual book. He wasn't even looking at us.

Anger. He couldn't even care less that I was having a conversation with Drake in front of him.

"Let's get out of here."

A/N

It's official, Dianna Argon is Isabelle and Chace Crawford is Dean! 

Enjoy ✌!