28

ISABELLE'S POV

I kept staring at the classroom door waiting for Dean to walk in and Kendrix who asked to go to the bathroom like two hours ago. Seriously, if he was planning on ditching class he could have made me tag along!

I wasn't sure if I believed if Dean did it or not, people say that he did because he hates Mr. Robin and I came to class before him today and that never happens. Never.

A couple more minutes and the closing bell will be rung.

Dring!

Correct that, the bell has already been rung. Students started leaving and I not knowing what to do started  arranging Dean's bag.

"Bye Isabelle." Someone said.

"Bye!" I answered.

Arranging Dean's bag I saw something in his locker, his book. The book that the principal was holding wasn't his, this was all a set up. If Dean... "What are you doing?"

Startled, I jumped. "Arranging your bag." I said.

"Don't." Dean pushed me aside gently and did it himself, I frowned. "I'm just trying to be a good friend."

"I said don't and we're not friends. If you want to be a good friend help Kendrix arrange his bag."

"Kendrix bag is already arranged and I can't believe that you just said that we're not friends."

Dean hung his bag on his back. "I don't have friends in this school Isabelle, there's my mom, my sister, my grandma and me."

That's it, I definitely do not have a chance with this jerk, he'll do nothing but break my heart.
I wanted to question him about the kiss but I had something more important to say.

"What did the principal say?"

Dean ignored me and began walking away.

"Dean!"

"It's not your business." He said.

"So that means you did it?"

Dean stopped walking and snapped at me. "No, of course I didn't do it."

"I knew you'd never do such a thing."

Dean smiled and my stomach started doing that stupid butterfly thing again. Stop. Stop. Stop.

"He wants to expel me." He said.

"What?" My mood changed immediately. It made me wonder how much of an effect he had on me.

"But he gave me a week to prove that I wasn't the one who did it."

"I know that you didn't do it." I said.

"How?"

"Your book is in your bag, the book that the principal was holding doesn't belong belong to you."

Dean opened his bag and saw the book then explained to me how Kendrix took the blame. "The principal the book held has my name written on it with calligraphy he still thinks that I designed it."

"But if you show him this one-"

"He'll think that I bought a new one. I need to find who did it Isabelle and not just a way to get Kendrix out of trouble."

I nodded understanding.  "Can I help?"

"Sure."

Then came a moment of comfortable silence.

"Isabelle!" Drake barged in taking it. "I've been waiting for you and you've been here talking to-" Drake looked at Dean.

"Oh crap I'm so sorry, I forgot! I'm just caught up by this-"

"I heard the rumors, Dean destroying Mr. Robin's car?"

"He didn't do it you see.. "

Dear cut me off. "He doesn't need to know."

"Wow he speaks." Drake said.

Dean rolled his eyes. "He needs to know." I told Dean. "He's my best friend and I tell him everything."

Drake smiled. "Glad that you can still call me that."

I smiled back not conscious of the fact that Dean was glaring at us. "So this is what happened..." I explained everything to Drake exactly the way Dean told me.

"So now Kendrix takes the blame?" Drake didn't look happy but I nodded. "I'm just glad that you're okay." Drake used his hands to cup my face and I smiled.

"Hey Isabelle can I come to your house today?" Dean asked interrupting us, Drake scoffed and placed his hands down. "Why would you want to go to Isabelle's house?"

I ignored Drake. "Sure why not?"

"Uh Isabelle does this ring a bell? Me, you, today, your house, alone, after school?"

"Oh crap, I forgot that again I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay Drake can tag along too." Dean said walking up to me. "It would be me and you then Drake would be our third wheel." Dean took my hand surprisingly and walked me out of the class.