32

DEAN'S POV

Just leave me alone Dean.

And I did, I will. "Hey Mr-" What's this guy's name again? I wonder while I  chased the principal, he was walking too fast and I had to run. "Wait!"

"What do you want Dean?"

"When you said that you'll give me one week did you mean one week as in till Friday or one week as in Saturday and Sunday included?"

The principal stopped wondering what I was going on about. "Are you talking about the Mr. Robin's car incident?"

"Yes." I answered.

"How does that have anything to do with you? That's Kendrix problem now, not yours!"

"I know but today's Friday and I was wondering if the deadline for Kendrix to get out of trouble has expired."

The principal looked at his wristwatch obviously late for something. "That's not your problem!" He said before walking away.

I face palmed my forehead, why couldn't he just answer the simple  question? "Hey!" Kendrix came out of nowhere, "What?"

"The classroom's are empty, follow me." He spoke briefly before running ahead. "How does the classrooms being empty help me?" I yelled to him not moving an inch. "Just follow me!"

I sighed in compliance and followed Kendrix, I wasn't running. "Dean Adams?"

A female voice behind me said my name, she looked like she was in the seventh grade. "Yes?" I answered.

"Y-you're talking?"

Great, another person who finds it fascinating that I can speak. "Yup." I said.

"Whoa."

"I know amazing, right?" I said with sarcasm laced to my tone.

The girl nodded enthusiastically. "So the rumors are true, you are speaking now."

I bristled a laugh and smiled. "You know Isabelle Cole?"

She shook her head. "No am I supposed to?"

"She's the reason why I'm speaking to you right now." Without a second glance at this girl, I ran forward trying to catch up to Kendrix. "Kendrix wait up!"

Just as Kendrix said, grade 9C as well as the other classes were empty. "What are we doing?"

"Thirty minutes till break's over, start searching."

"What?"

Kendrix walked up to someone's bag and opened it. "Start searching."

"This is invading of privacy."

"We're just bringing out a note from the bag, looking at the handwriting and that's it."  Kendrix demonstrated what he just said. "See? It's easy."

"You do realize that they're like a hundred students in grade 9, right? And that means about a hundred bags to search?"

"And we have only thirty minutes, Dean be fast." Kendrix said, opening a third bag.

"You should check Beckett's bag, that guy probably hates me." I said.

"Just did." Kendrix dropped the bag were he saw it. "It's not him."

"I'm checking Isabelle's bag." I said walking to our seat. I remembered meeting her the first time and swearing that I'd never call this seat our seat well look at me now.

I'm doing a lot of things that I said I'd never do thanks to Isabelle.

"Isabelle is not the culprit." Kendrix said in a as a matter of fact.

"You can't be too sure." I said. Honestly, I just wanted to look into  Isabelle's bag.  "You should check your girlfriends bag."

"Vina is not my girlfriend."

I laughed at Kendrix's quick denial to my statement. "Who said I was talking about Vina?"

"I just assumed, who else would you be talking about?"

"The other girls in this class, you could have just said no Dean I don't have a girlfriend."

"Shut up." Kendrix checked the last bag and frowned. "No."

He brightened up his mood immediately realizing that we had less than twenty minutes for break to be over. "Okay no time to pout, let's go to 9A."

I willingly followed him also realizing that we had no time. "Do you think Cat did it?"

"Cat likes you she won't deliberately get you in trouble." Kendrix laughed and walked into 9A.

I wish Isabelle would like me.

Damn it, I've lost it. "You can't be too sure."

Walking into 9A was like walking into an art gallery sort of the way I felt walking into Isabelle's room,  Art students liked to brag about what they did so their wall was completely decorated with drawings and paintings and all that stuff. Show offs.

"Come on Dean stop stalling and do something."

"Fine." I walked up to a random bag and opened it. "People really need to stop leaving their money in their bags." I said to Kendrix showing him the hundred dollar bill that I found.

"Keep that back immediately."

"Yes sir." I laughed and dropped the money back where I saw it.

"Who's bag is that?"

I brought out a note and read the name. "Drake." For reasons known to me that guy made my skin crawl. Why? Number one is Isabelle. Two, Isabelle and three, Isabelle.

So maybe Isabelle was right when she said that I was jealous when Drake was with her, the guy's annoying and worse he likes her and he- "No way it's Drake."

"What?"

I got a closer look at the handwriting. "It's Drake, he's the one who set me up."

"Drake would never do that." Kendrix walked up to me and grabbed the note. "See?" I said. "It's him."

Kendrix looked at the note on disbelief. "But why would Drake-"

I cut Kendrix short. "He hates me, the girl he has a crush on likes me, his crush used to like him until she met me." I zipped Drake's bag and walked to the classroom door.

"Where are you going?" Kendrix asked.

"I'm going to find that idiot."

I walked into the cafeteria to find Cat and Vina with some of Kendrix other friends sitting at a table. "Where's Drake?"

Where's Isabelle? 

Cat looked at me in shock. "W-what?"

"I said where's Drake?"

"Is something wrong?"

"Answer the question Cat." Kendrix came from behind me.

Cat looked at Kendrix confused. "He's at the back of the school with Isabelle."

My blood boiled. "He's at the back of the school with Isabelle?" I reechoed her statement as a question.

"Yes." Cat looked more confused.

"Let's go Dean." Kendrix tried dragging my arm but I had one last question to ask.

"Please don't disturb them." Cat said, her next words answered my unasked question.

"He wants to ask Isabelle to be his girlfriend."