20

ISABELLE'S POV

The number of questions that followed me on my way home yesterday were countless, I didn't respond to any of them. Immediately I got home I told my parents. My mom was thrilled to know that Dean was Mrs. Adams son and my dad says that he saw Dean as 'unusually interesting.'

They both agreed to drop me in school earlier than usual, my only prayer right now was for Dean to be in class.

"I'm beginning to think that you sleep in school." I said making my presence known to Dean, he had a book in his hand as usual.

Dean looked up from his book. "And I'm beginning to think that you came early just to talk to me."

I laughed guilty and Dean smiled. "So when did you and my mom become best friends?"

"Um..." I checked the time. 7:05 am, Tuesday morning. The first time Dean actually started a conversation with me.

"When I moved into a new house." I dropped my bag on top of the table and sat on it.

"So are you going to tell me what that was about yesterday?" I asked.

"It's a long story so no but um..." Dean struggled to find the right words.

"What?" My head lifted up.

"Thanks."

I smiled. "You owe me."

"Yeah whatever."

I chuckled and after a brief moment of comfortable silent, Dean said. "My mom thinks that you're an angel."

"Well do you think that I'm an angel?"

"You're fishing for complements now aren't you?" Dean asked and we both laughed.

"Maybe." I admitted. "So... am I an angel?"

Dean did a quick scan of me with his eyes. "Well you're Isabelle."

"Isabelle means devoted to God."

"Really?"

I nodded. "What does Dean mean?"

He shrugged. "I never looked it up."

Dean brought out his phone to search for the  meaning if Dean and I sat down besides me and brought my head closer to the phone. "It means presiding official."
After he read it, I found myself looking into his eyes, pretty blue eyes. This wouldn't have been that bad if he hadn't caught me. "Uh... you have pretty blue eyes." I said.

I mentally face palmed myself. You have pretty blue eyes, seriously? 

Dean furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he pondered on what I said before snapping back into reality. "You should probably back away from me."

"Right!" I backed away immediately. "Um, right." I cleared my throat and tucked in my already tucked in hair. Way to make things awkward Isabelle. Good job! 

Dean faced his phone and pretended to be busy. How great, just one time that Dean was actually interested in talking to me I blew it off by making everything all awkward. Now what am I going to say to him? Dean seemed to notice how uneasy I felt because he spoke again.

"Isabelle our final exam's coming up in the next few weeks and you asked me to teach you, right?"

"Yes." Come on Isabelle you could have said something better than yes.

Dean brought out a note from his bag. "Wait you're doing it now?"

"Why not? I'm not going to talk to you if anyone enters this class and I'm definitely not taking to you during or after class either, you of all people should know that."

I wanted to ask why but I chose not to cross wrong boundaries. "You speak to Cat." I blurted out.

Dean raised an eyebrow at me like I spoke a foreign language. "No I don't."

A/N

I already made Dianna Argon Isabelle but I was thinking of Chace Crawford as Dean, thoughts?

💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸

Meaning of your name >>>

Mine is Erhun meaning prayer! 

🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐