27

DEAN'S POV

"I didn't do it." I denied for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Your book says otherwise." Mr. Robin said.

I glared at Mr. Robin. "I don't know how that got there!"

"So someone set you up?" The principal asked.

I shrugged. "Probably."

"No one would do that. Who would do that?" Mr. Robin asked.

"You." I said.

"Son of a-"

The principal cut Mr. Robin short. "That's enough!" He yelled then turned to me. "Dean you showing hatred for Mr. Robin in my office just proves my suspicion of you being the culprit."

"Why on earth would I want to destroy a teacher's car?"

"To prove your hatred to him which you're doing very well right now."

"He looks down on me in class, calls me a bad influence and-" and flirts with a married woman in front of me, I wanted to say.

"Dean just because he corrects you doesn't mean he's looking down on you, that's his job." 

"I-"

"You can not retaliate by destroying his car, that's vandalism."

"But I didn't do it."

"You can't prove that."

I scoffed. "And you guys can?"

"Your book Dean, your book."

Screw you. I ran my fingers through my hair impatiently. "Dean you're a smart student so we wouldn't want to expel you."

"Exactly, I'm smart. I won't leave a book if I was destroying someone's car."

"But you did and you will be expelled."

I didn't say anything, the only reason that I was talking to them in the first place was because I didn't want to be expelled. My mom... Crap, my mom. "You can't do that."

"Oh I can and I will. Your expulsion letter's right here, we need a-"

"I won't sign it, just give me two weeks to figure out who's behind this. Please."

"Dean-"

"Please."

The principal sighed and placed the expulsion letter back in his drawer. "Fine, but you only have a week, only a week."

"Thank you." I said then turned to Mr. Robin who did not look happy about the principals decision.

"We'll call your mom to-"

I cut him short. "No don't. Don't call her." My mom's the last person that I want to be aware, she could kill me.

"Fine. So that's it then, you can leave."
I thanked the principal one last time about to leave his office when Hendrix barged in. "Wait!"

What the hell was he doing here?

"Kendrix what are you doing here?" The principal asked in annoyance. "And why wasn't my office door locked?"

"I did it." Kendrix said.

"What?"

"I did it." Kendrix repeated to the principal. "I destroyed Mr. Robin's car, put Dean's book there to set him up."

"Why would you that?" Mr. Robin asked him. Kendrix ignored Mr. Robin and kept his eyes on the principal. "I did it because I hated Mr. Robin, I set Dean up because I thought that you guys will let him go because he's quiet."

"Dean let me talk to Hendrix privately, you can go." The principal glared at Kendrix and all of Mr. Robin's hatred for me seemed to have transferred to him.

I walked outside the office and waited there for Kendrix. I didn't fall for his lie the way Mr. Robin and the principal did, Kendrix would never destroy a teachers car. 

A few minutes later Kendrix came out of the office with a frown on his face,  it seemed to disappear when he saw me. "Hey."

"We're not friends." I said.

"I didn't do it."

"I know but why did you lie?"

"Because I know that you didn't do it either and I'm related to the principal, he can't expel me." Kendrix said and took a sit besides me. "But he did give me some sanitary duties and a lot of weeks of detention." He said.

I looked at Kendrix not knowing what to say. "Uh... Thank you?"

Kendrix smiled. "I know about what happened in fourth grade."

The event of fourth grade rushed through my head, memories of my dad and I frowned. Yes, Kendrix knows. He followed me to the teachers staff room that day, and we saw it together.

"We used to be so close Dean. You know...me and you then you and Cat."

It was me and him not me and Cat, he was my real best friend Cat was just some girl I had a crush on. "I know why you stopped talking." Kendrix said.

I looked away from him not wanting to recall the old memories again. "I didn't tell anyone. So I just thought today that maybe one more favor for an old friend?"

One more favor for a friend. That was literally our quote when we were young. I looked at Kendrix with a guilty frown on my face, it must have hurt him so much when I stopped talking.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Kendrix shrugged. "It's okay, it wasn't your fault. Your dad was a real-" Kendrix stopped himself not wanting to insult my dad.

"Asshole." I said. "My dad was an asshole." I repeated. "You can call him whatever you want." I said.

Kendrix chuckled. "Your dad was an asshole."

"Exactly."

Kendrix stood up from the seat ready to leave.

"I want to help you." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"I want to help you find out who actually did this."

Kendrix stood there dumbfounded and speechless. "You want to help me?"

"Except you like washing, scrubbing, cleaning and spending three killing hours in a classroom doing nothing then-"

"You want to help me?" Kendrix repeated his question.

"What can I say?" I looked up at him.

"One more favor for an old friend?"

A/N

Sparks fly with Dean and Kendrix, lol