33

ISABELLE'S POV

For some reason that Drake was yet to tell me, I was at the back of the school with him. He asked me to do follow him here to talk and I did the only clue that I got was Vina giving Drake a thumbs up. Please don't let this be what I think it is...

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked attempting to clear the awkward silence.

"Right." Drake cleared his throat. "You know how when you were leaving I told you that I liked you?"

I nodded nervously. Please don't let this be a proposal, I'm not ready for this yet. I'm still recovering from a recent heartbreak by some arrogant, cooky, douche who I shouldn't be thinking about right now.

"And well... You said yes and we were about to become a thing until you left."

I smiled at the memory. "Yes, I remember."

"Well I still like you and I was wondering if..."

Drake intertwined my fingers with his and I giggled. "Do you still want to be-"

He was interrupted by approaching footsteps. "Ugh who's that?" He grumbled in frustration.

I looked behind him and who I saw made me push his hands away and get that smile off my face. Dean looked... hurt?

I honestly didn't know what to say as I watched Dean turn around to leave.
"Dean!" I yelled running after him.

"Dean!"

It was easy for me to catch up because he was simply walking away. "Dean!"

"What?" He snapped.

"So it's you angry with me now?" I asked with my arms folded across my chest. He had no right to be angry with me, I'm the one who's supposed to be mad not him.

"You're with Drake now."

I scoffed. "And how does this affect you?" My anger could be seen oozing out of me.

"It doesn't."

"Exactly it doesn't!" Wait what? It doesn't? What? Did I even want it too? It doesn't affect him if I'm dating Drake?

"I came here to say that Drake's the one who set me up with Mr. Robin." Dean said.

I gave Dean the are you serious look and rolled my eyes. So Drake had nothing to do but to damage Mr. Robin's car, right.

"You don't believe me?" Dean's voice fell, why's he acting like he's heartbroken or something?  The fall in Dean's voice got to me but what was he expecting? Me to believe him and run into his arms? That's not how it works Dean Adams.

"Of course I don't believe you!"

Dean took a step away from me trying to control his emotions. "Why?" His voice sounded broken.

"Because he's Drake my best friend, he'd never hurt someone like that unlike you who hurts everyone!" I yelled.

"I apologized to you so many times."

"Did you? Because all I could hear each time was your ego." I snapped.

"I'm sorry." Dean said, all honesty, no ego.

"You..." No. This was an act just to get me to believe him. He's just jealous of Drake, he's not truly sorry. "I don't believe you." I turned around walking to Drake.

"Why do you always get mad at me?" I heard Dean yell.

"I don't!" I yelled back.

"Yes you do and then you give me the silent treatment why don't I just call you Miss. Silent now?"

"Leave me alone."

"Answer me!"

I turned around finally facing  him. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?"

"Like you like me!"

Dean froze for a second thinking of what to say next. "Like that matters now." He said, I knew that he was referring to Drake.

"So you like me now?" I asked.

"I.."

"Do you?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Do you?"

"It doesn't matter!"

I stood there still waiting for a yes or no answer. "Answer me Dean."

"I said it doesn't matter!" He yelled, then gave one last look at me and shook his head. "Have fun with your new boyfriend."

Author's Note

Two more chapters to go and this book will finally be over 🙁.

Sad but I can't wait 😁! 

Bye!