19

ISABELLE'S POV

"Remember how I told you that Dean was a bad influence? Now look at you being called to the principal's office." Mr. Robin said,  I guess it was his way of saying 'I told you so.' 

I wasn't scared. I didn't do anything wrong, I was trying to be friends with my seat partner.
"Brace yourself."

Mr. Robin held the door open for me and I walked in. I expected only Dean, his mom and the principal but another teacher was here. I couldn't remember the subject she teaches.

I took a slower look at Dean's mom. "Mrs. Adams?"

"Isabelle!" Her face brightened up immediately and I smiled as well.

"You know each other?" The principal asked.

Dean looked at me confused,  I couldn't believe it. Dean's my neighbors grandson.

"Isabelle is my mother's new neighbor and I visit my mom a lot so we visit Isabelle at times."

I smiled at Mrs. Adams. "It's so nice to see you again!"

I took a sit close to Dean's mom, away from Dean,  he didn't look happy.

"Well since the intro has already been done,  I won't waste your time."

"You can waste all the time you want sir." I said. I did not miss the smirk on Dean's face, it's like he derives pleasure from laughing at me.

"You came to this school last week, am I right?"

I don't know,  I nodded.

"How did you meet Dean?"

"A teacher placed me with him on my first day." I said. I stared at Dean's mom, he looked nothing like her.

"That teacher was me." The other woman there cut in. I remembered her immediately, my first class in this school was English and she embarrassed me asking me to 'identify' something on the board.

"So he spoke to you?"

"No." I answered, "I spoke to him."

"And he replied?" Dean's mother seemed interested.

"Not the first time."

"When was the first time Dean ever spoke to you?"

I thought about the first time when I was playing truth or dare with Kendrix and his friends then Dean walked in and surprisingly spoke. There was no way I could explain that scene so I just told them about the time when I was sick.

"I was sick and told Dean that if he..." I pointed at Mr. Robin "asks why I'm resting my head on the table just tell Mr. Robin that I'm sick and he did." I explained.

"Is there any other time?" The principal asked.

"Well..." Dean's gaze caught mine and his eyes begged me not to say anything. "Um..." I decided to trust Dean. "No, no he hasn't."

"Has he spoken to anyone else?" My mind instantly went to Cat,  I looked at Dean again and he slowly shook his head. 

"No, no he hasn't."

"So the rumors are false?" The principal asked.

I played dumb. "What rumors?"

"Okay..." The principal let out a sigh. "That's all I'll be needing from you Isabelle,  you can leave."

"Thank you." I stood up prepared to leave. "Greet your mom and dad for me Isabelle! "

I looked at Mrs. Adams and smiled. "I will!"

I turned to Dean and for the first time he looked grateful. Well you better keep that look on your face Dean Adams because you owe me. Big time.