Chapter 4 - Hiccup Pt.1

Hiccup's POV (5 years later)

I had been living here for 5 years. I had created my self a home in a cave. It was beautiful if I do say so myself. It was big enough for toothless and me to be in comfortably.

I had been spending most of my time flying toothless and inventing things. I had created my self spectacular armor, I even had a flying suit with it. I had only tested it once though and let's just say that didn't work out very well, I am always tweaking it. (A/N: his armor and sword are the ones in HTTYD2)

My favorite thing that I had created though was my sword. it was a flame sword and the other side shot out Zippleback gas and sparked it. I always had it on me.

Apart from flying toothless and inventing, I was mapping. I had been creating a map of all the islands I found. But recently I had discovered the dragons nest.

Flashback

I was flying with toothless, a regular afternoon thing, when suddenly we heard dragon roars and the sounding wings flapping.

Toothless' eyes went wide in shock and he looked around him as other dragons appeared.

"What's wrong bud?" I asked in terror, what was happening? I put my hand on his head to tell him to leave but he shook it off. I gave up and let him take me.

After a while of dodging rocks and boulders over the ocean with the other dragons, we arrived at a island with a volcano. We go in and my eyes widend. This is the dragon nest.

"Wow..." I say in awe. All the dragons start dropping the food they have gotten down the hole. It's nice to know that all the food they're taking is being dumped down a hole.

I watch as a baby Gronkel drops a small fish down the hole. A loud disapproving growl comes from the hole and the Gronkel bows its head in shame. Then from the hole a dragon the size of a mountain. I am in utter shock.

"Lets get out of here bud" I pat toothless' head. Just as we are leaving the dragon snaps at us, luckily it just misses. At this all the dragons go into complete chaos while getting out and away from that dragon. It snaps at us again, but it gets a Zippleback and swallows it whole!

End of Flashback

We almost died that day. I named the dragon the Red Death. I never planned in going back and i never lost the memory of going there in the first place.

"Hey bud wanna go riding?" I ask toothless, in dragonesse. Since we came, toothless has been teaching me dragonesse. It's useful since we have to communicate everyday.

"Sure" he replies. I mount him and we head of into the night. I often wonder how Berk is going. I used to fly over it at night often but i stopped, I think i just couldn't bare the pain of seeing it but not going back.

I always wonder how my dad's going, i never saw him when i few over, probably inside doing chiefy stuff. I miss him alot though. I also often wonder about Astrid, I defiantly still like her. I wonder if she has a boyfriend and how she's going. She always looked gloomy when I flew over, I could never quite work out why.

A/N

What you think? This was hard to write because it kept on deleting :( Next chapter will be Astrid's POV.

Read on!

- Wolfygrace