Chapter 21: Flying With Mother

Hiccup's POV

Astrid and I are sitting in the cove. It has been three days since the little 'incident' where Toothless and I were almost found. Well Toothless was found and I was almost found.

Toothless and Stormfly are running around chasing each other.

"Do you think they like each other?" Astrid asked "are they saying anything?" I listen to the dragons.

"Nope, well except for 'you can't get me!' And 'yes I can!'" We laugh. Then there's a moment of silence.

"You can't go on like this Hiccup" Astrid says solemnly.

"What?" I ask.

"We can't keep meeting up in secret, your going to have to face the village one day, your going to have to face your dad" she continues.

"Yeah I know, but how? I don't think I can face my dad again!" I say frustrated.

"We are at peace with dragons now so it will be easier" Astrid says, then pauses "he did that in honor of you, you know, with a bit of convincing from the gang" I laugh but it's not a real laugh, I'm too anxious for that.

"Hiccup, we need a plan" she says.

"Let me think about it" I sigh. Then I kiss her, it's a long, passionate kiss. She pulls back.

"Meet back here in 3 days?" She smiles.

"Sure" I reply, then I kiss her goodbye, get on Toothless and fly into the night.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I fly low over the clouds, it's still midday so I think I'll go exploring. I lie back on Toothless, enjoying the cool breeze.

Why does everything have to be so hard? Why can't I just face my fear and show myself to the village, again! But they really think I'm dead this time!!

"Aaaaaarrrrggg" I shout and lie back on Toothless, he lets out a grumble of concern. "It's ok Toothless I won't let anything happen to you" I say patting him "I promise..."

Then Toothless lets out a low grumble and I jump up and I see a person with a mask. "Ok Toothless no sudden moves..." The person disappears under the clouds.

Then through the clouds a massive dragon bursts up, a breed I've never seen before. On his back is the person with a mask.

We stop abruptly, hovering in the air. The dragon is a lot bigger than Toothless. The person points their staff at me. Then out off nowhere, a dragon grabs me, Toothless falls to the icy depths below.

"TOOTHLESS!" I shout.

"HICCUP!" He shouts back.

"No..."

I turn my attention to the man on the dragons back.

"Hey! You left my dragon back there! He can't fly on his own, he'll drown!" I say, struggling to get free from the dragons strong grip. The person pays no attention. This is bad, very bad. What does this person even want?

I look to where we're going. It's an island, one I've never seen. It's a little like dragon island but the top is all covered in ice, what could have done this?

We go inside a cave and the dragon drops me. There are dragons all around me, species I have never seen before.

One of them approaches me so I pull out inferno and wave it around. It seems intrigued. I also whirled around spitting out Zippleback gas and igniting it creating a small explosion.

I reached out my hand but just before I touched the dragons snout, the person came out of hiding.

The person shakes their staff and all the dragons open their mouths, creating fire for light.

The person again shakes there staff and another dragon comes and drops Toothless in front of me. I run up to him and hug him.

"Toothless it's ok, it's ok" I say. Then the man approaches us slowly. He walks up to Toothless and wiggles his fingers in front of Toothless. I was in awe as Toothless falls to the ground groaning in pleasure.

The person turns to me and I ask "Who are you?" No response. The person comes closer and reaches his hand out. "Uhhh.." I say uncomfortably, moving my head back away from the hand.

The person moves back. "Hiccup?" They say, it's sounds like a woman. But how does she know my name?

"Could it be?" The person takes their mask of revealing a woman. She has emerald eyes like me and long brown hair with some grey streaks.

"D-do I know you?" I ask. She looks at me with a face, like she's trying to find the right words.

"No... You were only a babe" she says, bending her head down, what does she mean? "But a mother never forgets.."

I stumble back alarmed. What? She's my mother?! But she died! But..

"Come" she summons me, interrupting my thoughts. I have no choice but to follow.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N

Sorry for not updating for ages!! I'm so so sorry! So very sorry! I won't give up on this book, I promise!

Any, I'm just going to skip the whole flying with mother scene and sanctuary but cause you all know what happens and I'm too lazy to write it :P

And I do know I may of written the bit where Hiccup found his mum a bit different to the movie, just to let ya know.

Any guess what...

ITS MA BIRTHDAY TODAY!!

YAY!!!

Yeah anyway I will update soon. I really will...

- Wolfygrace :P