Chapter 23 - Reunited

A/N

Sorry about last chapter. I know there was no paragraphs in it but I tried, wattpad just took them away for some strange reason. Let's hope it doesn't happen with this chapter!

Oh and recap as I haven't updated for a while: Everyone on Berk (but Astrid) thinks Hiccup (who's 20) is dead. Hiccup finds his mum and they fly back to Berk.

Omniscient POV

Hiccup and Valka silently landed outside the Hofferson house. It was night so no one saw them.

"Toothless go to the Cove, and take Cloudjumper with you" Hiccup spoke to Toothless in Dragonese. The two dragons ran off to the forest as Hiccup and Valka stepped into the house.

"Hey Hiccup!" Astrid said, running down the stairs, but she froze as soon as she looked up.

"Uh, hey" she said.

"Hello" replied Valka "you must be Astrid"

"Yes, but, uh, not sounding rude, but, who are you?" Astrid asked.

"This is Valka, my, well, mother" Hiccup butted in.

"Your mother?!" Astrid asked amazed.

"Yup" Hiccup said.

The three chatted for a while about life. Then Astrid remembered.

"Great! It's going to be a harder now, I can't imagine Stoick's reaction when he sees both of you!" She said sarcastically.

At that moment, Stoick was walking by the Hofferson house. He heard voices inside, he couldn't tell whose. His curiosity got the better of him and he went up and knocked on the door.

"Hello? Astrid?" Stoick called. The three heard the voice and froze.

"Quick, get upstairs!" Astrid whispered. Hiccup ran up but Valka stopped him.

"Hiccup? Why do you keep avoiding him? Why don't you just let him know your alive?" Valka said "the sooner the better!"

"Ok, I guess" Hiccup gave in and the two faced the door. Astrid opened it, Stoick was talking to Gobber. Gobber stopped, his face went white.

"Gobber?" Stoick asked, then he turned around and saw Hiccup and Valka. His face went white and as he was so overwhelmed, he fainted, falling on Gobber, who some how caught the massive man.

"Hiccup, Valka?" Gobber said "yo-your both alive!"

"Well yeah, last time a checked" Hiccup said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh boy I've missed you Hiccup!!" Gobber ran up hugging the boy.

"Gobber.. Can't... Breathe" Hiccup said, struggling for breath.

"Oh sorry lad" he said letting go of the boy, he turned to Valka.

"Valka... hello!" Gobber said, struggling to find the words.

"Hello, anyway, shouldn't we be tending to Stoick?" Valka said.

"Yes" Gobber said. Gobber and Hiccup somehow carried Stoick up to Astrid's parent's old bedroom. Who no longer lived there as they unfortunately died a while ago.

"Mom, could you go get Cloudjumper and Toothless from the cove? Astrid will show you where it is" Hiccup ordered his mother. She nodded and the two women walked out the door.

Hiccup and Gobber sat by the bed were Stoick lay, talking a little. After about 10 minutes, the man began to stir. Hiccup and Gobber jumped up.

Stoick opened his eyes and they immediately rested on Hiccup. He jumped out of the bed and stood looking at Hiccup for a second, he then pulled him into a bone crunching hug.

"Hiccup, your alive!" He pulled back and Hiccup caught his breath.

"Yeah..." Hiccup said.

"Stop 'dying' Hiccup, it will kill me one day" This made Hiccup laugh, it felt nice to laugh again, not having any troubles.

"But I had the weirdest dream you know" Stoick told the men "You came back but, but you were also with your mother, Valka, that's all I can remember"

Hiccup was about to open his mouth to speak but he got interrupted by a shout from downstairs.

"Hiccup, we're back! We got the dragons! The cove is beautiful by the way" Hiccup froze as the Valka finished her sentence. Stocks eyes widened and he slowly walked down the stairs. Valka caught sight of him and she backed against the wall.

"I know what your gonna say, why did I leave you? To raise Hiccup alone? Why didn't I come back? I was wrong, I see that now" she said, tears coming to her eyes.

Stoick took baby steps towards Valka, taking off his helmet, throwing it to the ground.

"Stop being so Stoick, Stoick! Scream, shout, say something!" Stoick reached her and moved down, giving her a passionate kiss on the lips.

Hiccup watched in glee. Finally, he had both his parents, not one or the other but both.

----------

A/N

Yay! Update!

Happy Snoggletog everyone!!!! (Or Merry Christmas if your weird like that)

Wow dammit I had a great AN planned well writing the story but I've totally forgotten it 😑

Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K+ READS!!

Anyway yeah see you soon (hopefully)

- Wolfygrace