Chapter 16 - I'm Sorry

Astrid's POV

I lie in bed, today was a horrible day. We had a funeral for Hiccup and for the first time that I could remember, I saw Stoick cry. Not that I can really blame him, I did shed a tear or to as well.

I can't sleep, I keep on thinking about Hiccup.

About his dreamy emerald eyes.

His adorable freckles.

His messy auburn hair.

That awkward smile he does.

Pretty much everything about him you could say.

I start crying, he deserved to live. He deserved to live a happy life with Toothless. Hiccup I am so sorry. I eventually fall asleep crying, thinking of Hiccup.

Hiccup's POV

I awake, to a great pain. For a moment I can't remember wait happened, but everything starts flooding back.

I become aware of my surroundings, and of Toothless who is sitting a little bit away from me. Head down but not sleeping.

"T-Toothless?" I mumble.

"Hiccup!" He runs over to me and licks me.

"How long has it been?" I ask, looking around the cave I'm in, how did I get here.

"A week" Toothless says, a bit wearily. That's not good. I try to get up but it hurts to much.

"Hey bud, how did I get here?" I ask, lying back down on the hard, cold stone.

"I brought you here" He replies.

"Why?"

"Well, to be honest, I didn't want the others to find you. So after you blacked out I took you to this cave." He replied a little guilty. Why didn't he want them to find me? I was about to ask but I stopped, what's the use? He's probably just being over protective.

"Bud could you help me up, please?" I ask. He immediately helps me get up.

"Well at least I didn't lose another one" I mumble looking down at my left leg.

-------

It has been a week, a week of living in this cave. Toothless won't let me leave. He says I'm to hurt even though I have gotten much better. Every day he walks down to catch fish. He has to walk because he lost his tail fin and saddle.

While Toothless is getting fish, I sit down to think. We can't stay here forever, well we could but I don't want to. I want to go back to Berk, to dad, to Astrid.

I go to the entrance of the cave, I need to find materials to make another tail fin for Toothless.

I squint, looking down to the shore. I think I can see some ship remains.

I make my way down, it takes a while but I am somehow doing it. When I reach the junk, my suspicions are confirmed.

I study everything more closely. There is lots of thick material from the sail, and lots of wooden and metal bars. Perfect! I can make a tail fun with this stuff!

I collect everything I need and make my way back up to the cave, it takes me even longer because I have the stuff weighing me down. When I get back the first thing I see is a very unhappy looking Toothless.

A/N

Sorry for long time no update I had a bit of a writers block :(

If you are reading this, thank you for reading this far :)

- Wolfygrace