Chapter 17 - Working Tail

Astrid's POV

It's been a week. A week since the Red Death was defeated. A week since Hiccup died.

We are now fully living with dragons. I, along with the gang, helped convince Stoick that it would be a good idea. We told him how much it would help us, and we also wouldn't be at war with them.

We also told him that that's what Hiccup would have wanted. At that he said yes straight away. I think he wanted to honor his son every way he could.

I ran outside to Stormfly.

"Hey girl" I said patting her head, "Wanna go for a flight?"

She growls happily and I get on. We saw up into the sky.

---

After flying around Berk and over the forest a little, I notice a little cove. I fly down to take a closer look. This is the cove where I thought Hiccup was dead 5 years ago!

I land next to the water. I was so shocked that time 5 years ago that I didn't get a proper look at this place, it's beautiful!

This must of been where Hiccup trained Toothless! I took a better look around. Hiccup, you never fail to astound me. I just wish you where here because I love you.

---

Hiccup's POV

"Oh uh hi Toothless" I stammer trying to look casual in front of the not-so-happy dragon.

"Where were you! I told you to stay here!" Toothless frets, he's kinda acting like a mother.

"I'm sorry mum" I mumble. Toothless gives me a disapproving look.

"I was just getting some materials to make you a tail." I fess up.

"You could have told me" he grumbles, "But do you need help making the tail?"

"Yes, actually. I need fire power" I smile at Toothless. And he smiles his gummy smile making me chuckle.

I gather together the materials and we make a very basic tail, using a design from my notebook. Luckily my armor didn't get to beaten up.

After a long two hour of trying to improvise with the materials I had, I finally had the tail complete. I put it on Toothless.

"I made it automatic Toothless by the way" I told him, holding it up to show him.

"You know how I don't like it automatic" He grumbled.

"I know but I can't make any other gear but a saddle" I say apologetically.

"Fine" He holds his head down. I go to his tail and put it on, it fits. As well as the rough saddle I made.

"Want to test it?" I ask and Toothless jumps up.

"Yes yes yes!" he jumps around then stops so I can get on. I guess he hasn't been able to fly for a week so he's pretty stoked.

We flew off a the tail worked great.

"How about we stop of at home eh bud?" I pat is head and he agrees so we go.

When we arrive I swap the bad tail I made for Toothless for all his good spare gear I had. I even fix up my armor a little. I look outside at the sunset, it's beautiful.

"Do you want to go back to Berk now bud?" I pat Toothlesses head and he nods. I grab everything else I need and we set off.

A/N

Yay another chapter!!

Idk what else to say so yeah...

- Wolfygrace