Chapter 24 - Announcement

It had been a day since Stoick found that Hiccup was alive, again. They hadn't told the village yet though, which was a problem because people would be even more shocked since they actually saw him 'die'.

Currently, the four of them were eating dinner. Minus Gobber who was at the forge. They were all quiet and Stoick looked like he was in deep thought (which probably wasn't deep as he was a Viking).

"That's it, I've made up my mind, we are telling the village tonight" Stoick announced, everyone shot up at his sudden idea.

"Uh, ok.." Hiccup said.

10 minutes later, when they had finished dinner, Stoick called a meeting in the Great Hall. When everyone was in, he stood up.

"As all of you remember, my son, sadly, died in the battle of the Red Death, which he fought so well" Stoick boomed in his loud voice, everyone nodded in response.

"Well, it turned out he survived" everyone gasped.

"Hiccup?" Stoick called for his son to come up, Hiccup sheepishly came up, he didn't particularly like attention.

There was a pause, then everyone cheered and clapped. Some people even saying things like:

"Well done!"

"What a hero!"

And even:

"You're so hot!"

Astrid didn't particularly like that.

"Oh and I would also like to say that ma boy has gotten a lovely lady!" Hiccup shrunk away, he was hating the attention, Astrid also blushed a deep red.

"Congratulations Hiccup and Astrid!" The hall erupted in cheers once again, except Snotlout, who was rather disappointed.

A/N

Short, I know but I just wanna say two things.

One, thanks for 12K reads!

And two, just letting you know this is the second last chapter.

But don't worry! After this story I'm going to start a new one that's about Hiccup and Astrid after httyd2, I need more story ideas and a name ideas though, so please help me!

Oh and I didn't proof read this so soz if there's any mistakes.

See you next time!

- Wolfygrace