Chapter 20 - Close Call

Omniscient POV

"Nightfury!"

Astrid and Hiccup heard the shouts coming from outside. Hiccup realized that they had caused sight of Toothless.

"Hiccup what's happening?" Astrid whispered loudly.

"They must have found Toothless" Hiccup barley whispered.

The pair listened more. They then heard the booming voice of Stoick the vast asking what was going on.

Hiccup then sneaked over to the window and peeped out. He saw his dad approaching the Night Fury. Toothless didn't look scared, he knew who Stoick was and he knew that he wouldn't hurt him. Hiccup summoned Astrid over.

They watched as Stoick inspected the Night Fury. He saw the saddle and tailfin and immediately recognized them.

"Toothless?" Stoick said in disbelief. Toothless showed his gummy smile.

"But.. How did you get here? You can't fly without..." Stoick trailed off, saddened by the reminder of his son.

Stoick got up, he needed to talk to Astrid. She might know something. He went to knock on Astrid's door.

Astrid, realizing what was happening, pushed Hiccup upstairs, telling him to hide.

"But where?!" Hiccup hissed.

"I don't know, the closet, just hurry!" Astrid said and Hiccup ran up the stairs and hid in Astrid's closet. Astrid opened the door.

"Oh hi Stoick! what brings you here?" Astrid said, trying to play cool.

"Astrid, do you know why, and how, Toothless is here?" Stoick asked, trying to mask the sadness of the reminder of his son.

"Uh... No" Astrid said, leaning on her axe. "Anyway, uh, I'm going to go training, see yah!"

"At night?" Stoick asked confused.

"Uh.. Yeah!" She said than ran off, Stormfly close behind. Stoick knew the young girl was hiding something, he just didn't know what.

Hiccup, on the other hand, had gotten out of the closet and had climbed down the side of the house, out of the window.

Toothless, sensing that Hiccup was there, ran around the house to Hiccup and the pair flew off, back to their little house.

Stoick was left confused. How had Toothless gotten there? And why was Astrid so nervous? He was going to find out.

A/N

Herro Peeps

I have writers block so yeah

Sorry if the chappy wasn't very good :/

Any of you live in Melbourne? Because I do and there is a exhibition on DreamWorks and I really want to go :D

I have also just published a HTTYD & Hiccstrid one shot book, it would be greatly appreciated if you checked it out :)

- Wolfygrace