Chapter 6 - Camping

Astrid's POV

Gobber had announced that we were going on a camping trip. I was stoked. He said we needed to learn to 'survive on our own'.

I packed my stuff and we left, by ship of course, to an island a little while away. I was exited, I deep down inside me I felt sad that Hiccup wasn't here to enjoy the experience. I also felt sad that I couldn't save him, I mean if anyone could of saved him it should have been me!

Arrgggg Astrid stop! That was 5 years ago! Move on already!

I was jerked out of my day dream when the boat ran ashore on the island. I stretched my arms, it had been a couple of hours journey. I picked up my axe and small bag and got off the boat with the others.

2 hours later...

We had set up camp which consisted of three tents. One for the Ruff and me, one for Fishlegs and Snoutlout, and one for Gobber. We also had a steady camp fire going.

I looked over at Gobber, he was fast asleep. Wow really? I got Ruff and we sneaked up on him.

"RAAHHHH DRAGON ATTACK!" We shouted in his face.

"AAAHHH WERE!" He instantly jumped up and we giggled, he waved his axe-hand around.

"Chill Gobber! Just don't fall asleep next time ok!" I looked at Ruff and we bursted out laughing.

"Arrggg" Is all he manages to say before he gets comfy again.

"Go get dinner guys" he says.

"Dinner?" I ask.

"Fish" Gobber says, with a 'duh' tone.

-----------------

We came back with enough fish to feed us all. I looked over at Gobber and he was sleeping, again.

I got Ruff and I whispered a plan to her. All the others stood around to watch what we were doing.

I held my axe over Gobber and Ruff and I shouted

"AAAAAAHHHH!"

Gobber jumped up and without thinking he saw the axe and screamed like a girl.

Then he noticed us laughing our heads of and his scared look turned into a disapproving look.

"I could a killed ya!" I shouted.

"Well that's what you get for sleeping... Again!" Ruff says.

------------------

We are al sitting here eating a fine dinner of fish. There is one fish left and by the looks of it both Ruff and Tuff want it. This isn't going to turn out good...

"I want that fish!"

"No I want it!"

"Well I'm gonna have it!"

"No you won't!"

"Yes I will!"

"No you won't!"

"Yes I will!"

I let out a sign and stand up.

"Guys guys! Have you heard of cutting the fish in half?" I shout which stops them. I'm even 'nice' enough to get out my axe and chop it in half.

"HAPPY NOW?!" They quietly take a piece each and eat it, they know how violent I can be.

My mind wanders to what Hiccup would have done in that situation... Ok Astrid he's dead you really need to stop!

"I'm going to bed" I tell everyone then I head off to Ruff's and my tent.

A/N

Ok so that was just a filler chapter but I promise it will be interesting next chapter!

My school starts in two days so I won't be able to update as much :(

Tell me what you think and...

Read on!

- Wolfygrace