Chapter 13 - The Plan

Hiccup's POV

I stood on the ledge, watching the ships leaving. They took Toothless, so now I can't even get to them. I took my helmet off and sighed.

"It's a mess" I hear a voice and turn around to see Astrid.

"You've lost everything. Your father, your tribe your best friend." She continues.

"Thank you for... summing that up" I reply a little annoyed.

"Why did I even have.. to run away... in the first place?" I ask myself.

"Why did you?" Astrid asks.

"I don't know, I had to"

"That's not an answer"

"Why is this so important for you!" I shout.

"Because you ran away, for 5 years! Then you just mysteriously turn up on a camping trip riding a Nightfury, and plus, you look so much more older and handsome! It's so not.... you!" She says than claps her hands over her mouth, realizing what she just said.

"Did you just call me handsome?" I ask almost laughing and she blushes, even I blush a little.

"So uh, what are you going to do?" she says summoning to the horizon where the ships went. Trying to change the subject.

"Uh... probably something stupid" I say

"Good but you've already done that"

"Than something crazy" I say than run off, a plan already forming in my mind.

-----

I'm in the arena, facing one of the dragon cages.

"If your planning on getting yourself killed, I would definitely go with the Gronkle" I turn around to see Fishlegs, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Snoutlout and Astrid. I sigh.

I smile and walk to one of the cages. I reach for one of the levers to open the cage.

"Wow wow wait? are you trying to get us killed now?" Snoutlout shouts.

-----

My hand is on the nightmares snout, carefully leading it out.

"H- how?" is all Snoutlout manages to say, hehe, I can't imagine his reaction when I get him to ride it.

I grab his hand and put it on the snout, he laughs.

"This is awesome!" he shouts, then I walk away to the supplies box.

"Wait where are you going?" he asks.

"Your going to... need something to... uh.. hold on" I reply with a smirk. His face goes pale.

-----

We are all in the air, on our dragons, heading to dragon island. I am on Astrid's dragon, Stormfly she named it.

"So you've really been away living with a dragon all these years?" Fishlegs asks.

"Well... yeah, I mean you guys... where there when... you found... me" I reply.

"Why did you leave?" Astrid asks.

"I would have... had to have killed... a dragon.... and well.. I can't kill dragons... so that left... uh... me with one choice... to leave" I reply. Suddenly Stormfly starts acting up.

"What's up girl?" I ask in dragonese.

"The nest is close" She replies.

"I will never get over how cool that is" Tuff says which makes me smile.

"The nest's close... you guys know.. uh... what to do" I say, this is going to be interesting.

A/N

Sorry for the late update but THANKS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! I was never expecting to get that many!!!

I will try update again later today or tomorrow.

Rate, comment, share and read on!

- Wolfygrace :)