ENDING - Mates

Derek's POV:

Me and Isaac stand shocked at Deaton's answer, interrupted as Stiles begins to chew the bottom of my jeans.

"What do you mean I'll become a werefox too? How exactly do you plan on that working to tun my boyfriend back into a human?!" I ask with frustration and he places his briefcase on the floor, sighing and shaking his head.

"If you take the bite from Stiles, and so forth become a werefox like him, if you are both in love as much as it looks like...    Stiles will have his mate and then will have his previous control of turning to and from when he pleases." He states, looking me dead in the eye before converting his attention to the nibbling fox who still intents on my pants being a tasty meal.

"And if it doesn't work?" Isaac asks in a slight whisper.

Deaton licks over his bottom lip, seemingly unwilling to express his answer.    There's a long pause in the room before Deaton begins to speak again. 

"Well,    if Derek doesn't change by the bite.  He will die.   But he seems to me to be physically and mentally stable, so chances are, this will work.   However...     The bite from any supernatural species, will change to what kind of person you are."

"Wait, so I could turn into something monstrous and ugly, instead of being a 'werefox'?" I ask quickly and the vet does nothing but nod.

I take a few minutes to think about this, sitting down, accompanied by Stiles crawling up into my lap with a soft yawn.

I stare in admiration for my cute ball of fluff before pushing my hand through my stubble.

"Let's do this." I growl and I look Stiles in the eye. "Baby, can you do me a huge favour?" I ask with a smile he rubs his eyes sleepily.

"Yuh-uh?" He grumbles with a high pitched tone and it makes my heart swell and burst with warmth.

I hold out my arm and he eyes it before looking at me confused with a sideways glance. 

"Can you bite my arm really, really hard?   I want to see how hard my little boy can bite." I encourage, but his face turns sad and he rubs his right eye roughly.

"Buh.. Buh I bit you before ans... ans you gots booboo." He mumbles and I chuckle.

"I promise it won't hurt me this time, I'll be nice and brave for my little monster." I whisper cupping his cheek as he looks back to my arm.

"Okuh." He smiles as he grabs my arm softly, bringing it to his lips and Deaton and Isaac watch on with worried eyes.

He slowly opens his mouth and his little teeth clamp onto my arm, sinking through the layers of skin.

I hiss in pain as I watch the blood drip from my wrist, down my forearm and Stiles pulls away with a sad face apologising repeatedly.

"I SO SOWWY!!!!" He whimpers and I shake my head and grab his hand. 

"I'm oka-"   I go to say but a burn slams through my veins and I feel paralysed, watching the world fall to it's side as I collapse to the floor.

A worried Stiles runs to my side sobbing with guilt, and I can feel my body shake.

"He's turning!"  Deaton screams and Isaac smiles before looking at me in shock.

The shaking stops and I see them all with a thermal colour before hearing a deep, growl rip from my stomach and I look down to see black fur and paws.

"Into... What exactly?" Isaac says and I feel pain run through me as I can feel my bones reshape and I look at my now human hands.

"werewolf." He says astounded and we all look to Stiles as his ears and tails disappear.

He looks to his hands and looks to me and I feel a connection run through my body as I look him in the eyes.

"Derek?" He whispers.

"Stiles?"

He starts to laugh and cry as he runs towards me.   

"I'm better, I, I have my mate!" He cries and he jumps into my arms as I wrap around him and hold him tightly.

"I love you." I whisper and he whimpers into my neck.

"I love you too dumbass, I love you too."