Greatness For A Price... (Part 1)

"You can't be the greatest if you don't sacrifice anything. I learned that the hard way."

==============

Brooks's P. O. V

Where we left off. We won a lot of Ranked and tried to get more money in Turf War because Rank will only boost your social status of some kind. And we don't want to be found out by other Inklings that me and Cross are human.

Brooks: Hey, guys.

Nikki looked at me, confused.

Nikki: What is it? I told you we are not gonna stop yet we are 14,000 more to pay that bill.

Brooks: I would just love to finally get that money but me and Cross are almost dead over here.

Cross: Yeah, and we helped you to get to S Rank, you should be grateful that you have good teammates.

Of course, Nikki, being the nicest girl/worst girl that she is, she gave in and let us eat something. And she said she isn't hungry.  Pshhh. I tried talking to her to come with us to Crab Hooks, my new favorite place to eat. I don't think I'm gonna be bored with that place very soon.

Nikki: No! I'm not gonna join you! Go on by yourselves.

Brooks: Well, I can't blame you, but.

Nikki: But what? 

Brooks: We can force you! *pulls Nikki's hand*

Cross's P. O. V

This freaking idiot... What a great, respectable guy that Brooks is. Pulling a girl on the arm and dragging her. It's so annoying that it even annoys me and I'm not the guy recipient of that pulling bullcrap.

Cross: That dumb moron... *starts following the 2*

Meanwhile Brooks... In front of the Crab Hooks restauraunt. 

Brooks's P. O. V

When we got there Nikki hit me so hard that I had a big red mark on my back. Now thinking why I deserved this, I think I was a big asshole forcing her. Well, kinda had it coming on my end. Sheesh.

Nikki: That's what you get! Hmph! *looks away from Brooks*

Okay, WOAH. Now that the side of Nikki I haven't seen yet. Now I'm actually screwed.

Brooks: Okay, okay, sorry Nikki. But can't win on a empty stomach. That's one of the most important rules of the battlefield. 

Nikki: You have a point, but you just don't pull or force someone on things that they don't wanna do. It's rude. 

Brooks: *sigh* Alright... I apologize. That was a reckless move back there.

Then Cross arrived, panting and looking at me like he was winding a up a punch. BUT SOMEHOW, I didn't try to dodge it. HE WAS TELEGRAPHING the punch but I decided, "NOPE!"