Talk. (Mini-Chapter)

"That's all and that's it." 

===================

Brooks's P. O. V

Cross: Where are we going? And why you have a ball with you?

Brooks: There's a court that i found not too far from here. *dribbling the ball*

Cross: And why are we wasting our time on this?

Brooks: We need to talk. *serious tone*

Cross: Okay. I see you. Personal problems?

Brooks: Somewhat.

We continued to walk to the court i was talking about. This particular court is found underground. Which is rare. For a basketball court no less. And i'm curious if there's at least some Inkling interest in this sport. But i digress. We're here to talk about some problematic stuff inside our group. And many more...

Brooks: We're here. *opens the door*

Cross: Are we even allowed in here? This is underground.

Brooks: This place is just the place to vent our problems as such.

Cross: So we're playing ball while talking about your problems?

Brooks: If you put it that way yes.

Cross's P. O. V

Instead of everywhere else, he chose this place to talk about his problems. But as his friend, i gotta listen to him. I can't leave my guy feeling down like that.

Cross: How long is this problem been bothering you?

Brooks: Well. A month. 

Cross: Why you didn't tell me yet?

Brooks: The problem at that time, i was able to handle it somewhat. But it's gotten worse. *puts his bag on a bench*

Cross: Okay. I see you. 

I knew something was up. But i still don't get why he would hide this from me. It must be really bad news.

Brooks: Let's play. 7's. 1's and 2's. *shoots a three and it goes in*

Cross: Nice shot.

Brooks: That was primarily luck man. I ain't no superstar in this. *grabs the ball*

Cross: I'm not bothering to argue who has the ball first. Your ball.

Brooks: Thanks. *passes the ball to Cross*

Cross: Go easy. I'm only here to listen to your problems. *passes it back to Brooks*

Brooks: Don't worry. I won't embarrass you. *jabs at him*

He jabbed at me with his right foot. And then he spun left. I recovered quickly but i was off-balance. Which he took advantage of stepping-back and shooting in my face. And it goes in.

Brooks: 1-0. Don't tell me you have no defense man. *smiles* *passes the ball to Cross*

Cross: You're just not taking it easy on me.  *gives it back to Brooks*

Brooks: Okay, okay. I'll hold back. 

As soon he finished his response, he immediately rose up over me for the 3. I tried my damn best to contest. But the shot clanks off the back-iron and i got the rebound.