13. When She Was Happy

it was rare for her to have a crush on someone. rare for her, to find herself fawning over someone, on the daily basis. she had told herself that year, she was going to be independent. boys are stupid she thought.

until one day, the day she and her school mates came back from winter break, she experienced a small but precious moment, with a tall black curly haired boy, with deep brown eyes, in her biology class, a class in which she despised the most in her schedule. a moment where, they had just stared into eachothers' eyes. she had talked to this boy here and there, but never really talked to him.

that same day, she got back home and thought about the boy. in fact, she thought about him for a while. through the rest of the week, she was now excited to see him. excited to go to fourth period, because just the thought of seeing him, gave her butterflies, made her smile. she didnt want to admit it at first, admit that she was suddenly acquiring feelings for this boy. oh was she stubborn.

they had glanced at eachother at times, smiled at eachother. and maybe he would even use his friend to have an excuse to talk to her. after all, his friend, was hers. she had three months of joy with this boy. four months, couldve been love. they do say, you have a crush for four months, until it turns into love.

he had flirted with her, she returned the favor. every time she had passed out papers, he'd have given her a smile and a thank you. she had given the thought, maybe, just maybe, i am in love. she of course did not want this to happen. after all, he probably did not reciprocate the feelings. but this happiness she felt, when she was with him, was nothing she had ever felt before. he truly, really did make her happy.

she was always smiling when she was with him, as he was too. they always looked at eachother, maybe even catch a glimpse of one another during class time. he'd find the most subtle ways to touch her, to brush her hands or arms. he had always ran through her mind, there wasn't a day where he wasnt. she was indeed very happy with this boy. he was the highlight of her day. it couldve been bad, but seeing him, seeing his smile, it turned her whole day around.

then one day, they just suddenly drifted. suddenly there was no more talking, or looking, or smiling. oh his smile she thought, she loved that smile. everything just stopped. she was slowly ripped away of her feelings, until they were no longer there.

no more, thank yous, or smiles, when she passed out the papers. no more wandering eyes, or hand brushing. nothing. it's like there was nothing, nothing at all. it's like whatever they had, disappeared into thin air. she had thought that there was something, that he was just to afraid to confide in her, and thought one day he would, but no. worst of all, she never got an answer.

yea, so tHis wAs liKe a rEaL liFe eXpeRiEnCe. kay, drop a vote :) but in this case its you and finn