19. By Your Side 2/3

The curly haired boy stayed with y/n through the whole night. His head lay on her bedside, while he sat in a brown armchair. They provided him with a cot, but he preferred he stayed by her side for the night. His eyes closed, and his brain wandered.

"Finn, where are we going?" Y/n whined, a blind fold to her face, while Finn dragged her.

Their hands were slightly holding one another's, leaving a space between them.

The boy abruptly stopped and walked behind the curious girl, removing the blind fold that rested on her eyes.

"This is where we're going," He put the blindfold in his pocket and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"The park?" Y/n asked confused, "a park with candles?"

"Not just any park," He said now standing in front of her, and holding both her hands.

"This is the park where I realized that I loved, love you. You were swinging over there and laughing. I remember thinking, wow. this is as good as it gets, she's my soulmate,"

The y/s/c colored girl's eyes shone under the moonlight.

"Happy two year anniversary babe," He gently kissed her lips.

Finn awakens by the sound of the monitor beating erratically.

"NURSE!" He shouts with worry.

The nurse quickly rushes to the room, and presses a blue button above y/n's head.

"Somebody page Dr. Coleman and Dr. King,"

"Wh-what's happening to her?" Finn asks stepping back from her bed, you could see the fear in his eyes.

"Sir, I need you to stay outs-"

"Was-was it something I did? I was just laying next to her, and the-the monitor went off-" He rambled.

"Sir, you didn't do anything wrong, so please step outside," The slim boy does as he's told, his stomach starting grow with even more worry.

"Alright, what happened?"

"She started coding, so we pushed one of epi,"

"Let's get the crash cart in here,"

"Gel," The doctor rubbed the paddles together. "CLEAR!"

Y/n's body thumped up. "No pulse, let's try again, charge to 200, CLEAR!"

Her body jumps again. Finn, outside watching the love of his life dying.

"Alright, she's tachycardic, let's get her up to the O.R. and get that LVAD ready," The nurses start moving hastily, and moves the sick girl.

"What happened? Where are you taking her?" Finn asked worriedly.

"We have to take her up to surgery now,"

"W-what? I thought that wasn't until next week?"
"She's barely holding on right now, have you called Sara?"

Finn nodded, Dr. Coleman placed a hand on his shoulder, then ran to the elevator.

"What happened? Where's Y/n?" Sara asked, just arriving.

"They're taking her up to surgery now. They're putting in her LVAD,"

authors note:
omg you guys!! tysm for 5K reads!!