26. Seven Minutes 1/2

Parties. High school parties. Underage drinking and partying with a bunch of people, I don't even like. I mean, I'm really exaggerating that. Why do I even go to these? Oh right, two words, free food.

I don't drink, not even at these parties. Just give me a soda, and we're good to go.

"Y/n, you made it!" Millie says greeting me and continues to give me a hug with a red solo cup in her hand. Her parents are crazy rich, making her crazy rich. I slide my hands inside my front pockets and look around her gorgeous house. Admiring it. I wish my parents were this rich.

Millie leans her head towards mine, eyeing a very certain someone and says, "You know, Finn's here."

I raise my eyebrows in an un-surprised way, "And what about it? He's always invited to parties, and he always goes to them."

"Nothing. I mean, haven't you heard?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Um-heard what?" She turns her head and whispers into my ear, "Finn Wolfhard likes you."

"WHAT?" I accidentally shout, surprised. Good thing the music was loud enough to cover it. My heart starts to race and my eyes widen. "Finn likes me? Y/n Y/l/n? You're lying." She takes a sip from her cup.

"But I'm not," She says shaking her head. I give her a look, "Oh really? Then how do you know? Last time I checked you guys had a falling out."

"Last time I checked you like him. And that doesn't mean I mean that people will stop telling me things. Besides, his friend told me." She takes another drink.

"So much for being his friend. Good God, I need a drink." This is crazy, absolutely bonkers! Finn can't like me. I mean, we're just friends right? I'm the chill nerdy girl who's friends with a guy who just so happens to be really cute and hot and nice, all in one. We're just meant to be friends, right?

"Follow me, drinks are this way," She jerks her head to the side. I follow her to the kitchen and she opens the cooler and takes a sprite can out and hands it to me. "Thanks," I say and pop the can. I take a sip, when someone suddenly shouts,

"LET'S PLAY SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN!"

Millie abruptly stops drinking from her cup and grabs my arm, causing some sprite to spill on my shirt. Great.

"Sounds fun, let's go." She drags me to her huge living room and I sit on her brown leathered couch. She sits on the ledge of the couch. More people start to pile in and someone plops down next to me. I turn to see who it was, and you'll never guess who! Just kidding, it's pretty predictable. It was Finn.

"Hey, Y/n." He says and smiles at me. I try to avoid his brown eyes. "H-hey. How's it been?" Really Y/n? How's it been? You just saw him yesterday at school. Mental face palm.

He softly laughs, "You're acting like we didn't see each other at all yesterday!"

"Yo Finn!" A familiar voice says. We both turn to the sound and Noah Schnapp was walking towards us. Finn stands and they do their little man hand shake. "Y/n!" He says in a voice, and opens his arms, signaling for a hug. I stand and give him a hug. "It's nice to see you Noah." I say and rub his back. We all sit down on the brown leather couch and Paige Gyllenhaal, the girl who thought this game would be a good idea shouts, "ARE YOU GUYS READY TO PLAY?"

Scattered "yeahs" and "woohs" go around.

"Rules are easy, we spin the bottle," She holds up a beer bottle and places it down on the coffee table. "Whoever it lands on, goes in the closet," She points over to a closet door behind us. "With the person who spun the bottle. You guys can do whatever you want inside. So gather around the table." People start to change where they're sitting, and I stay where I am because when Finn spins the bottle, it most likely won't land on me. "Who's up first?"

"I'll go." Noah says and spins the bottle. My heart races, hoping that it doesn't land on me. Oh Gosh, this is giving me anxiety. The bottle spins for about five to ten seconds. Then, it lands and it points to Millie.

"Ah, our famous party host. Millie. Off into the closet you guys go." Paige says. They both stand from their spots and slowly make their way to the closet, where two people are guarding the door. Noah opens the closet and lets Millie inside, he follows after her, closing the door behind him. "Time starts now. One second and counting."

I look up at Finn who was already looking at me and he smiles. I smile back and make my eyes scatter somewhere else to avoid awkwardness. "I'm really glad we have classes this year y/n. It's a great opportunity to get closer-" I quickly look at him, closer. He rubs the back of his neck in shock of what just came out of his mouth. "I-I uh mean, I-mean if that's-that's what um, you want to do. Be closer as f-fri-friends." He lightly grins locking his chocolate brown eyes with mine.

I chuckle and grin, "Is the Finn Wolfhard stuttering?" My grin slowly forms to a sideway smile. "but yes, I'd like that."

His eyes slowly widen and so does his smile, "That's great! That's really great." He nods.

"HEY LOVEBIRDS! SEVEN MINUTES ARE OVER!" Paige shouts, we all turn to look at the closet door and one of the people standing by it opens the door. When it does, Millie quickly pushes Noah back and fixes her hair and walks out, smiling at her guests. Noah walks out a lipstick stain on his lips, his neck, and a few on his face. That definitely confirms that they made out. Millie finds somewhere to stand and Noah stands with her.

"Pick someone else to go Noah." Paige says. His eyes start to wander and looks for the perfect candidate to look next. I look down, my heart suddenly racing.

"I pick-hm," He says. "I pick Y/n." My heart feels as if it just jumped out of my chest as my name came out of his mouth. I quickly look up and look around.

I press my lips together, "Uh, okay." I reach over to the empty beer bottle and spin it. I slowly watch the bottle, the wait making me worry, making me worry about who it lands on. I close my eyes for a second and open them back up again. When I do, the bottle has stopped spinning and has landed on someone.

Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me.