24. When You Said I Love You 4/4

FINN'S POV

"Wait-You don't have to leave," I quickly say before y/n could get the chance to leave. I could never cheat on her, I don't know why she keeps believing that I could.

The truth is, I can't. No matter how many times she'll push me away, or tell me she hates me in the heat of the moment, or when she can't seem to trust me, or when she thinks that every word that comes out of my mouth is a lie, or even when she makes me so angry. I could never make my lips touch anybody else's besides hers because I love her so much, I might just be willing to sacrifice everything to keep her. She's my one.

Realizing that I'm still in a towel, I quickly grab a pair of boxers from the dresser. (a/n: in other words, the author forgot Finn was just in a towel with a shirt on)

"Finn, you know I can't stay." Y/n says, trailing off, looking to the ground, her hand on the doorknob.

"Why?" I ask, staring into her y/e/c colored eyes. She walks back inside, closing the door behind her. She slowly lets her bag slide down from her arm to the floor, all this while staring at me. She walks closer to me, "Because Finn, I'm afraid if I stay..." She trails off again, looking at the ground, walking closer, now standing a few inches away from me. My heart begins to race. She jerks her head back up, her y/e/c eyes widening. "I might not be able to stop myself from doing this-"

She quickly jumps at me and wraps her legs around my waist, her arms wrap around my neck, and she rams her soft lips on my mine, all simultaneously. My hands support her back, and I push her back onto a wall. I begin to kiss down her neck, and my heart beat faster by the minute.

Finn? Finn? Mr. Wolfhard? I felt someone touch my shoulder. I quickly shake my head, "Huh, what?" I ask.

"You dozed off for a minute there. Are you okay? Do you need some more water?"

I pressed my lips, "No, it's fine. Thank you. Uh, where were we?"

Her legs leaned on each other, and she straightened her posture. She faked a cough and says, "You were about to tell me the night it all happened, and how you've felt from that night to now. How this treatment has been helping you." I blink my eyes about a hundred times before a word came out of my mouth.

I stutter, "I-uhm, right. When I got that phone call, I-I was shattered, broken. I wanted to throw myself off the balcony of my hotel room, I didn't. I rushed to the hospital, as quick as possible." My leg starts to fidget and I place my elbows on my thighs. "When I got there, it was too late. I didn't even get to properly say goodbye. I was hoping that a miracle would happen. I cried and told her I loved her, and kissed her forehead. Then it was time for her funeral. I had to fly back home, see her parents. I-I kneeled-" I'm starting to break a cold sweat and my leg fidgets some more. That cup of water would've sounded nice right now.

I look at Dr. Pierce who was listening, nodding along to the story. I feel as if she could hear my heart beating too fast. I bow my head and look to the ground.

"Are you okay Finn? Are you sure you don't need that water,"

"Water sounds good." I say and gulp. Dr. Pierce stands and walks to her mini fridge. She opens it and grabs a water bottle and hands it to me. I grab the bottle, pop the cap, and drink it excessively. I got better, I know I did, so why am I acting like this? "Where were we?"

"You were about to get on to the part where you kneeled in front of y/n's parents."

"Right-I kneeled in front of them, and told them it was all my fault, that I was sorry that their daughter, was gone, because of me. They told me to get up, and they said it wasn't my fault. It wasn't an accident, they said. That didn't stop me from blaming myself. It all could've been prevented, if I had just told her that she didn't have to leave my hotel room that night." My leg fidgeted less.

"And how has this, therapy, this medication, helped you these past few months?"

I close my eyes for a few seconds and sigh. I slowly open them back up, and my body becomes less tense.

"They've helped a lot. I know that I rejected it at first, thinking it was stupid, and that it would never help me. But it did. So thank you for that Dr. Pierce. I don't blame myself for what happened anymore. I know that it was an accident. I sometimes think about what could've happened if I had just told her to stay. I visit her grave every day, and I talk to her like she's still here. This is, helping me heal. Especially with that letter I wrote to her, saying goodbye. That really helped."

"Well, I'm glad that you feel that way Finn. I'm happy about the progress we've made here. You've come a long way. I'm proud of you." Dr. Pierce smiles at me, and I nod.

"Thank you. For everything you've done."

***

I place y/n's favorite flowers on her grave and put my hands in my pockets.

I sigh, "You won't believe what happened today. I finally got discharged from being a patient in psych. I've made a lot of progress."

I bend down and squat, "I really miss you." I kiss two fingers and put them on her grave stone. "We'll meet again someday. I'll always love you."

a/n: and that is the end of the When You series! I hope you enjoyed it! also please send me some story requests, because my ideas suck! but also because i'd LOVE to write what you want to read!