15. The Park 2/3

OMG GUYS 2K READS?? ARE YOU GUYS INSANE?? TYSM FOR THE SUPPORT!!

(Outfit in the picture)
"So, I know I said that I don't drive yet, but that doesn't mean we can't uber," Finn said. we were standing in front of my grandparents' house.
"And where are ubering to kind sir?" I ask in an accent.

"We will be ubering to Centreville Amusement park, mi lady," He said, playing along. He bows down and holds his arm out, for me to link. As I do it, the car comes around, almost as if it were on cue. He opens the car door, and we both get in.

"Wait Finn, isn't Centreville in Toronto??" I asked suddenly realizing it just now.
"Yes, but don't worry, we have a lot of time, for a lot of fun," he winked at me.
"Finn, that's like an hour away from here, and it's like 6 p.m.!"
"Stop worrying so much y/n! you'll be home before 12," he placed his hand on mine, and gave it a squeeze.

***

Finn's POV

She was smiling and eating the blue cotton candy I had bought her.

"I didn't get a chance to tell you how beautiful you look. Red is my favorite color," I said.
She looked at me and giggled, "Thank you, red is my favorite color too," she passes me the cotton candy, only a little bit left, I take it, and throw the stick away.

"OH MY GOD FINN WOLFHARD?" Two girls exclaimed, happily approaching us. One had brown hair, the other was blonde. "Can we get a picture?" One of them asks. I nodded and looked at y/n. The blonde hair girl looks at her. "And who are you?" she asked rudely, with sass. Y/n turned tomato red, I didn't want her to feel embarrassed, so I did something I never thought would become something more. I grab her hand, and I interlocked our fingers.

"My girlfriend," I said and smiled, bringing our locked hands to their faces. Y/n was shocked by this sudden move, her eyes, widened.
"I-uh," she stammered.
"Yea, whatever," The girl uttered and rolled her eyes, "well can you take our picture?" she shoved her phone to y/n's chest. She smiled at me and let go of my hand, backing away so she could fit all three of us in the camera. I walked over to the two rude fans, one on each side, and they engulf me in two hugs. I put my arm around them and smiled.

"I, 2-" y/n said, but before she could finish, somebody bumped into her, and drops the phone. "Oh my god, my phone!" The blonde girl lets go of me and runs to her phone, picking it up. I rolled my eyes and walk to y/n, asking if she was okay. She nodded. "We'll just take it ourselves, you're useless anyway, and your clumsiness cost me my phone," she held her phone up.

"No," I said. The girl' eyes widened, "if you can't respect her, then I'm sorry, but I can't respect you either. It wasn't her fault, someone bumped into her. And she plays an amazing role in my life. She's as part of my life as my fans are, actually, bigger. If you can't respect that, or her, don't you even think about calling yourself a fan. Apologize to her."

Your POV

"Apologize to her," My pulse started racing at the fact that Finn was defending me. I hope he means whatever he's saying, and it's not just an act. I look over to the girls, their face expression priceless.

"Ugh, sorry! Whatever, we were never big fans anyway," The blonde said.

"Yea, cause that explains why you have him as your lock screen," I muttered under my breath, and rolled my eyes. They scoffed, and crossed their arms on their chest, and walked away. I didn't notice until now, that Finn was holding my hand again.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yea, and Finn you didn't have to say those things, let alone defend me, and you shouldn't have had to,"

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to. I couldn't let them say those things to you. And even if we met a few hours ago, you already play a special part in my life, you aren't like most girls y/n," I smiled at him. Special part in my life, that warmed my heart.

"And the girlfriend bit?" I asked, bringing our hands up. I can feel myself start to blush.

"That bit was just for me," He embraces me in a tight hug, "I'm glad I got to meet you y/n."

"Me too," I said, returning his warm hug.

***

"Finn, I don't know why I'm letting you do this to me! I'm afraid of heights!!!" I whined. We were in line for the Ferris wheel.

"C'mon, you told me that you once loved Ferris wheels! Lighten up a bit,"

"Yea, when I was younger! The fear of heights came to me in my teenage years," I said crossing my arms.

"Well, shouldn't it be the time to face that fear?" He asked.

"Hmph,"

"We're next," He said, grabbing my hand, and intertwining them. I rolled my eyes. He's done this a lot of times today, after that incident with those fan earlier.

"What if we get stuck? Or worse, die?" I asked. He laughed.

"Y/n, we won't get stuck, or die, so stop worrying," He gives me a reassuring look. The man opened the gate, letting us in. Finn drags me to the cart, opening the door.

"Sit opposite from me, so it's balanced," I uttered.

"No, I'm going to sit next to you, and we'll put our feet up on the other side," He said. I scoffed.

"Fine, have it your way," The man walks to our cart, and locks the door, he walks back, and operates it.

"Here we go," Finn said, rubbing his hands together and smiling. He extends his arm around my waist, and pulls me closer. "So you'll feel safe" I rolled my eyes, but decided to place my head on his shoulder. The sun started to set as we went up. The park was lit up.

"Wow," I said, "it's beautiful up here," I smiled.

"See, you like it, and I don't know what it is y/n, but theres something about you, and every moment I'm with you, I catch my breath," Finn said. I turned to face him, our eyes locked. He slowly brings his face towards mine, looking at my lips.

_____

a/n: dun dun dun! hey! and I'm also making another book, it's a Wyatt Oleff X reader. I've started writing it, but it won't be published yet. And thank you guys so so much, for 2.1k reads! I love you all, and thank you so much for the support! If you can guess the title for my Wyatt Oleff X Reader, you get a sneak peak. Don't forget to vote loves! <3