14. Port Hope 1/3

There was oddly a lot of people in Port Hope today. Was there a special occasion of some sort that I hadn't known about? I mean I was just here to visit my grandparents. We visited often, so this was like my second home. I ignore the thought and continue walking down the street facing down to my feet. There were earbuds in my ears, connecting to my phone, which was in my hand. My Kind of Woman was playing by Mac Demarco. Still looking down, I suddenly bumped into a tall figure.

I dropped my phone, and the earbuds fell down with it, "I'm sorry, clumsy me." I looked up to the tall figure, who was about to bend down and help me. "Oh, you're Finn Wolfhard, I bumped into Finn, great move y/n," He laughed and lends a hand, helping me up. "I am so sorry, I'm a very clumsy person,"

"No, its nothing really," He said smiling. I tried playing it cool, and pretended that Finn Wolfhard wasn't standing in front of me. The key to making a celebrity your friend, is to talk to them like you would a normal person. After all, they are just human. "Mac Demarco," he said.

"What?"
"The music, My Kind of Woman, the one playing out your earbuds," My phone was in my hand and my earbuds in the other.
"Oh, right, it's one of my favorite songs,"
"Cool, me too! You may be clumsy, but you have great taste in music," I smiled, I was actually having a regular conversation with Finn. It took me awhile to realize that Nicholas Hamilton was also there, standing right next to him.

"Would it be bad if I asked for a picture?" I said, my face grimaced. I unplugged the earbuds from my phone, wrapped it, and placed it in my back pocket.

He chuckled, "No, it wouldn't be," I smiled.

"Would a selfie be fine?"
"Yes," I lift my phone up, and smiled as he did too. After that, I asked if I could get a picture with Nic. I had been off my phone, and was just listening to music, so I had no idea they would be at Port Hope. I absolutely loved IT, it's my favorite movie, I've watched it more than once.

"Thanks!" I said to Nic and Finn. "I should probably get going now, see you around!" I wave goodbye, and walk away. Two seconds later, I heard Nic saying, You obviously had a different connection with her, go after her you idiot! I smiled, but kept walking, he wouldn't really go after me. As I was about to cross the street, somebody tapped my shoulder. I turned around.

"Finn?"
"I never got your name," He smiled.
"Oh, it's y/n," I stuck my right hand out, pretending we just met for the first time. He shook it.
"Well you already know mine, and what's your instagram? Or social media? Maybe your number?" He still smiled, but he looked more nervous. He ran his finger through his hair, rocking back and forth from his spot.
"Is the Finn Wolfhard asking me, y/f/n, for my number? I'm just kidding I'm not that cocky," We exchange numbers and social medias. My instagram account wasn't on private, and I only had 800 followers, with a few posts.
"Great! So do you live here?"
"No, I'm just here for the week, I'm visiting my grandparents with my parents. We're here often so I know my way around, I live in California," I said.
"Finn!" Someone called him from behind.
"Ah, sorry, I have to go now, we can talk later! I'll uh text you!" He uttered. I smiled at him and said goodbye.

***

I opened instagram, and I had gained 200 followers, and comments filled with, "FINN IS FOLLOWING YOU!!" Or "are you and Finn dating?!?!?!?" The nerve his fandom has to do this. I go to my instagram story, and record a video saying, "Hey guys! I am NOT dating Finn Wolfhard (a/n yet jkjk) where'd you guys get that idea? We are just simply mutuals, and y'all shouldn't freak out!" I clicked add to your story, then continued to scroll through my timeline. A few seconds later, I get a text from Finn.

Finn
Hey!

You
Hi!

Finn
We just finished filming, and I'm back here at my trailer.

You
I have to say, your fans are crazy!
I got multiple comments asking if we were dating, got hated hated on, and gained a hell of a lot of followers. All because you followed me.

Finn
Yea, my fans crazy, some people even pretend to be dating me, it makes me really uncomfortable.

Finn
Hey, are you doing anything right now?

You
No, why? And I'm sorry to hear that :(

Finn
Thanks, anyway, text me your address, I'll
come and pick you up.

You
You drive now?

Finn
No, I'm walking to your house.
Or your grandparents house.

You
Ohhhh okay, :)

I text him my address, and change into something more presentable.

____
a/n i cringe at my own writing. this chapter sucks! but drop a vote if you like it! <3