• I •

🦋 ONE 🦋

🦋 ONE 🦋

Ava Johnson stared at the two pregnancy tests on the bathroom counter, tears falling down her face and melting on her chapped lips.

"Fucking hell!" She screams throwing them with the back of her hand.

The tests fall to the floor with a clatter, Ava falling down as well. She brings her knees to her chest, her head buried in her lap as she just lets the tears fall down her face.

How could she be so stupid!

You'd think at the age of twenty-one and watching all the 16 and pregnant episodes on MTV you'd think she would be smart enough to prevent herself from getting pregnant especially since she had just a little over a year left of college before she could quit her internship and apply for a full-time job at the publishing agency that she interned for.

"Ava, you okay in there? I thought I heard something fall." Corey, Ava's best friend says through the closed door causing Ava to freeze and look up at the ceiling.

"Y-yeah, just fell while pulling my pants up." Ava lies through her teeth causing Corey to laugh.

"Alright, well Grayson is almost here and then we can leave for dinner okay?"

Ava sighs and throws her head back as she mutters an okay. Guilt instantly filled her veins at the mentions of the guy she slept with not too long ago, and who happens to be Corey's boyfriend, who she is also pregnant with.

Ava knows it makes her a bad person for sleeping with her best friends boyfriend and falling pregnant with his baby, but a month ago they broke up, they were drunk and one thing led to another and they started banging on the bathroom floor, gross she knows, but when you're not in the right state of mind, everything seems alright to you.

Sighing, Ava pushes herself up off her bathroom floor and picks up the positive pregnancy tests and shoves them back in the paper bag. She throws water in her face to make the traces of her tears unnoticeable before throwing the bathroom door open and making her way to her bedroom.

Ava throws the bag in the back of her closet and walks out with her cell phone and makes it to the living room where Corey sat on her couch flipping through the channels on her tv.

"Don't you ever go home?" Ava teases as she takes a seat next to Corey as Corey flips her the bird.

"Oh shush, I saw no use in going home if you and Grayson live in the same apartment and we're going to the same place," Corey says with a shrug of her shoulders as she settles on a re-run episode of Friends.

"How are you and Grayson? Have you two fought recently?" Ava asks, trying to see if she knew of anything about the night a month ago that happened between her and Grayson.

"No, well sort of. He told me about how he doesn't know if he can trust me as much as he used to." Corey says. "Which is honestly understandable."

About three months ago, Corey was super drunk at a party that us three all went to and ended up cheating and hooking up with a guy on our university's soccer team which resulted in Grayson and Corey to break up for two months and Grayson and Ava to hook up. Which totally went against girl code, yet at the same time since Corey and Grayson only dated for two days at the time.