• III •

🦋 THREE 🦋

🦋 THREE 🦋

It was the end of the school day on Monday, the day after Ava's doctors appointment and she was walking out towards her car that was parked in the parking lot out back.

The leaves were slowly falling from the trees, the orange and yellow leaves crunching under each footsteps she took. A cold breeze nipped at her nose, making her nose turn a bright pink.

"Ava, do you want to go get some coffee?" Corey shouts running up to catch up with her.

Ava freezes, waiting for Corey to reach up with her. Ava's mind drifted to one of the pamphlets that Dr. Raine gave her yesterday, giving her information on what to avoid while pregnant and recalled it mentioning to avoid coffees of any sort.

"I'm sorry Corey, I can't." Ava says giving her friend a small smile as she unlocks her car. "I promised my dad that I would pick Wren up." Which wasn't really a lie because she does pick her younger sister up after school everyday.

"Wren can come to! I just really want to hang out with you I feel like we don't have time for each other anymore." Corey whines taking Ava's hand causing her to shiver as the sleeve rises up revealing her bare skin to the cold.

"I'll ask Wren, if she wants to go but no promises." Ava sighs as Corey squeals and drops her hand jumping up and down.

"Perfect! Meet me at Java's." She says before quickly running off towards her car.

Ava sighs and quickly gets into the warmth of her car, her butt freezes when it touches the leather seat. She quickly starts her car blasting the heat as she pulls out of the parking lot.

She pulls into the high school that she used to go to, stopping at the front of the school. She awaited for Wren to walk out and grabbed her phone out from her bag.

She opened her Snapchat, sending random pictures for her streaks. Her heart freezes when a ping comes from her phone indicating a new message.

Grayson: Hey do you think you could come over later on tonight?

Ava's thumb hovers over the message, her heart hammering in her chest at the sudden message.

'Oh god, what does he want? Does he know? No he can't, we haven't even talked about that night so he probably doesn't remember.' Ava says inside her head giving her a pep talk as she shrugs her shoulders and clicks onto the message.

Ava: Sure, I have Wren so if you want to talk privately after six should be good.

Ava locks her phone releasing a breath that she didn't even know that she was holding. The passenger side door is thrown open and Wren throws herself in smiling brightly with her cheeks and nose a rosy pink.

"God, you would not believe how crazy Mrs. Hank got since you left." She states laughing as Ava smiles and pulls out of the parking lot.

"Corey invited us to go get coffee with her today." Ava casually says making Wren to give her a puzzled look.