• IX •

Please listen to the song I feel like it fits this chapter so well. The song is called "My Confession Pt. II" by Usher.

🦋 NINE 🦋

🦋 NINE 🦋

Grayson sat on his couch, his hands on his head as he stared down at his white vans a frown set on his face. The previous fight that he had with Ava was playing through his head on repeat.

A empty bottle of Jacks Daniels was sprawled beside him, the stench of alcohol lingering in the air as he roughly pulled at his hair.

How could he be so stupid?

He shouldn't have slept with Ava in the first place. At first he did think Ava was an attractive girl, but he had his sights on Corey yet when Corey hurt him, he did the only thing that he could think of at the time. Getting revenge towards Corey.

It may have been a low blow on his behalf especially since not only was he friends with Ava, but she was also best friends with Corey. At the time he thought it was for the best especially since Ava had feelings towards Grayson and she was an easy lay.

Yet karma just had to bite him in the ass because now the girl was carrying his baby just as things were starting to light up again.

Ava was an attractive girl, and she would make a cute baby, but it wasn't with the girl that Grayson wanted it to be with. His family all went after blondes and blue eyes. Ava might have blue eyes, she was still lacking the blonde hair that should go with it.

"Grayson, are you okay? You seemed stressed out." Chris, Grayson's roommate asks walking into the apartment after his closing shift at Dick's Sporting Goods.

"Everything is just peachy." Grayson snaps roughly tugging at his hair before looking up at his roommate who was giving him a concerned look.

"What's up? Did you have another fight with Corey again? Man I told you that girl just wants attention I don't know why you still fuck with her." Chris says shaking his head as he throws his uniform shirt onto the couch before jumping over it taking a seat.

"It has nothing to do with Corey." Grayson snaps causing Chris to hold his hands up in defense.

"Alright dude, chill." Chris says shaking his head. "What's it about then?"

Grayson sighs running his hands down his face in frustration. "You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone this. Not even Corey." He says shooting Chris a warning look.

"My lips are sealed dude." Chris exclaimed zipping his lips together and throwing the key.

If this wasn't a serious matter Grayson would laugh at the five-year-old thing that Chris just did, but since this was a serious matter and Grayson didn't know whether he should get a head-start on his grave or let Corey do it for him.