• XVI •

SIXTEEN

SIXTEEN

"My god, she's going to kill me." Grayson  mutters throwing his head back into his seat as he covers his face with his hands releasing a groan.

"You? What about me? I'm her best friend!"

"Yeah well I'm her boyfriend who isn't supposed to get her best friend pregnant!" He yells, causing their conversation to cut short. Ava bites her lip, the tears that wanted to fall rimmed her eyes, but she pushed them away. She wasn't going to give Grayson the advantage of seeing her cry, especially when it was over something as a little snap from him.

"Ava I'm sorry, I'm just freaking out because we're about to tell her." Grayson says shaking his head shutting the car off as they stare at the restaurant in silent.

"It's okay, I'm a little hormonal so I cry over the smallest things." she whisper as he smiles and nods his head understanding her completely.

They both climb out of the car and walk into the restaurant. As they step imside, the smell of Mexican food makes its way up their noses earning a stomach growl from Ava, as she blushes.

"Cravings." She tells him as he gives her a weird look, which he only nods to.

"Hello, welcome to La Fountain, how many?" An older Hispanic asked the two, smiling slightly grabbing two menus.

"Three," Grayson replies to which the lady nods her head to and motions for the two to follow her to the table. "We also have a friend coming so if you could just have her come to this table as well, that would be great." He adds once they are seated at a table next to a window, near two elderly couples and a group of high school students dressed like they were coming or goring to a school dance.

"Have you given much thought what you want to have?" Grayson asks once the lady is gone.

Ava shakes her head as she pours some salsa into the small bowl that the restaurant provides and dips a chip with a lot of seasoning on it, personally her favorite chip out of the bunch. "No, but I really want a girl. I loved doing Wren's hair when she was younger and I love the dresses and shoes they have. What about you?" She asks looking up as she eats the chip.

"I don't know actually. I'd love to have a boy to play football with, but a girl does seem a lot easier to take care of. My mom said they're a lot easier to potty train."

Ava folds her arms on the table and stares at Grayson as he dips a chip. His blond hair was gelled back nicely and the tattoo on the side of his hand was visible giving Ava a glance of the scissors.

"Have you told your parents?" Grayson shakes his head. "Me either. I guess I'm afraid to tell my dad, you know?"

"Yeah, that's how I feel with my mom. I think she'll be disappointed that I didn't wait until marriage but I know she would be happy that it isn't Corey."