XXVII

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Grayson stared at Ava's contact number on his phone, his mind going back and forth on whether or not he should call her and ask her out for dinner, or if he should show up unannounced to her apartment and ask her in person, of course the latter sounded sort of stalkerish and seemed sort of weird if he showed up at her apartment to ask her out, but knowing Ava she was one of those girls who liked to be asked in person but Grayson didn't want to come off weird if he just showed up. 

"Dude, just call her." Chris laughed from the other side of the couch. "She will say yes either way and you know that." 

"But I feel guilty if I do because you like her too," Grayson sighed out running his hands through his blond hair while looking down at his phone in his lap. 

"To be fair, after Liam died you were there for her than anyone else. You helped her heart heal after his death and if anyone should be there for her right now should be you, Grayson." Chris said shrugging his shoulders giving the guy a smile. "besides, with the baby and you being the father I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that."

Grayson wanted to tell Chris that he was wrong and that he would be perfectly fine with Chris wanting a relationship with Ava, but at the same time apart of him wanted to listen to Chris because he did like Ava a lot and it wasn't because she was having his kid. Ava was sweet, innocent and always put others before herself that she had this caring side for everyone and everything. That's one of the many things that he likes about her and can't wait and watch what their daughter becomes in the future because of what her mother is like and knowing already, his daughter was going to be just as beautiful as her mother and that made Grayson smile just at the thought of his daughter. 

Drifting his mind away from his future, Grayson tapped on the phone button before he changed his mind and brought it to his ear. He listened and waited for the ring to go through the phone, his stomach flaring in anticipation as he heard the other line being picked up and Ava's angelic voice is heard on the other side greeting Grayson which brought a smile to his face.

"Ava, hey I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me tonight," Grayson said standing up from the couch and walking to his room away from Chris. Even though Chris told Grayson that he was fine with him pursuing in a relationship with Ava, he still couldn't help but feel slightly bad that he was taking his good friend's crush. 

"I'd love to, where did you have planned?" Ava asked her voice sounding like she had a smile on her face.

"How about the cheesecake factory?" Grayson offered to which Ava agreed to. "Perfect, I'll pick you up at seven."

They quickly bid their goodbyes and Grayson looks over at the alarm clock by his bed. It was four thirty leaving him a little less than three hours to get ready and in order to make their first date a date to remember, Grayson had to step up his game and make this night as perfect as he could for Ava. She deserves so much and he needs, no he wants to show just how much he appreciates her and wants her to know that he is here for the long run.