• X •

🦋 TEN 🦋

🦋 TEN 🦋

Ava sat with Dylan, her hands sweating as she ran her hands down her jeans. Yesterday she had to cancel her interview with Dylan's boyfriend because she started throwing up and this time it wasn't morning sickness, thankfully he was considerate and rescheduled her interview for Saturday morning.

Currently, they were outside of her apartment sitting down on one of the picnic tables outside with their textbooks in front of them. Ava tried her best to focus on the words set out in front of her but she couldn't. She couldn't help but keep playing her fight with Grayson in her head over and over again. It was burning inside of her and she needed someone to talk to about it but Wren was too young to talk about it with and she didn't want to complain to Dylan because that's all she has been doing to him was complain.

"Have you talked to Grayson?" Dylan asks breaking the ice making Ava snap her head up from her book and stare at him confused. Dylan rolls his eyes and closes his book but not before saving his spot with his pencil. "Don't act dumb I know it's eating you alive I can see it in your eyes."

Ava sighs and shakes her head. "No, I haven't. I haven't called either because I'm scared that he won't answer or that if he does answer he'll just say more cruel things."

Dylan nods his head and shrugs his shoulders as he puts his hands over his textbook. "I think you shouldn't care what he thinks. Yes, he's the father of this baby, but if he showed his true colors."

"I know, but I want him in our babies live. I don't want my baby to grow up thinking that their father doesn't want anything to do with them." Ava says shaking her head closing her own textbook. "I also don't want them to think that I just gave up on their father either."

Dylan sighs and looks over towards the entrance of the apartments. They've been sitting outside for the past hour, trying to cram as much information that they could but it was hard when all Ava could do is think and think. It was bothering her that she couldn't change Grayson's mind on what he thought about having a baby. Yes, they were both young and still in college, but Grayson isn't the only one going through something. Ava is too and he should help her especially since they're in the same boat. They shouldn't be going through something like this alone.

"You can do so much better than him Ava." Dylan spoke softly placing his hand over Ava's. Ava gives him a thankful smile and nodded her head. Dylan was right, she could do so much better than Grayson, someone who doesn't play with her feelings like they were some toy that you could play with until it breaks and throw them away. She wasn't a toy. She was a human who had true feelings.

"Thank you, Dylan. I honestly don't know what I would do if you weren't here right now."

"Of course, I need to go take a leak. I'll be right back." Dylan says standing up causing Ava to let out a laugh at his choice of words. She watched him walk through the double doors before looking down at her closed geometry textbook and sighed.