• V •

🦋 FIVE 🦋

🦋 FIVE 🦋

"I honestly agree with your sister." Dylan says as he pulls on his Eeyore tail on his onesie.

"What do you mean?" Ava asks putting the hood of her stitch onesie on, a bowl of freshly popped popcorn in her lap.

"If Corey was a true friend then she wouldn't be dating Grayson knowing how you feel." Dylan shrugs his shoulders taking a hand full of popcorn.

"Why does everyone keep saying she's the bad friend? I broke girl code and slept and got pregnant with her boyfriend!"

"Who broke girl code first though?" Dylan says giving her a pointed look.

Ava sighs and directs her eyes away from Dylan's blue ones and down to his couch. She was thankful that Dylan didn't think differently of her because of what she did, but she also didn't like how Wren and him keep throwing Corey under the bus when she didn't do something as big as Ava.

She just wished someone would see it from her eyes, the one where she broke more rules in the girl code than Corey did by simply dating Grayson.

"Let's not talk about Grayson, Corey or the baby right now. Let's just watch Ryan Gosling become someone we wished we had." Ava said putting a smile on her face blocking out the stare that Dylan was giving her.

Dylan watched Ava for a while, her eyebrows were scrunched up as she tried to focus on the movie. He's only known her for a couple of hours, and even though you normally don't invite strangers to sleepover, he felt like Ava was someone you could trust. Someone who would never hurt you.

The guilt that she was feeling about the baby was something that she shouldn't feel at all. Corey isn't a true friend to her Ava's too blind to see that.

"Will you stop staring Dylan? Ryan Gosling is that way." Ava laughs pointing at the television that was playing La La Land.

Dylan laughs and focuses his attention back to the movie. He hums along to the song, his hands grabbing more popcorn from the bowl.

"I hope you don't hate yourself Ava. This baby is going to do wonders." Dylan whispers.

••• ||| •••

The next day Ava woke up with her head in the toilet puking her guts out. Her throat burned from the acid from her stomach and her head felt warm. She leaned her back against the bathroom wall, her eyes shut tight as she tried to get over the sickness wave that struck her body at nine in the morning.

Her head felt heavy along with her eyes. She brought the back of her hand to her forehead, a groan being released from her as she noticed the abnormal heat.

"Seriously? Do I really have to miss today?" She mutters with a groan as she slowly brings her aching body upwards.

Her vision goes black for a mere-second before it goes back to normal. She cupped some water in her hand swishing it around her mouth before spitting it out. She grabbed an extra tooth brush that Dylan gave her and brushed the gross vomit away.