EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

The first night home from the hospital after Arya was born was both hard on Ava and Grayson. Arya had to spend an extra week in the hospital after her birth just to make sure that she was healthy and everything was okay, and each night both Grayson and Ava staid overnight not wanting to leave their daughter alone. One thing they did learn after bringing her home though was that their daughter pooped. A lot.

"How can she poop so much?" Grayson groaned out as he tried taking off her onesie that she pooped through without getting any on her body than she already did, a gag escaping from his lips as he got some green poop on the side of his hand. 

Ava laughed from inside the kitchen her hands dancing under the water testing the temperature before plugging the sink up. She filled the tub up with a little bit of water and grabbed the baby shampoo and body wash from beside the sink as well as a pink washcloth with yellow bunnies on it and the baby brush. From the living room, she could hear Grayson trying his best to breath from his mouth and not gag as he wiped their daughter clean before bringing her over. 

Ava laughed when she took Arya from Grayson's hands planting a kiss on her daughter's forehead before placing her daughter's lower body in the water her face instantly scrunching up in distaste as she looked up at her parents, her lips quivering. 

"Oh, don't start crying now." Ava coaxed her free hand dumping the rag into the water getting it wet before lightly running it over her daughter's bare chest. 

Fortunately, Arya doesn't cry but continues to stare up at her mother, her little legs kicking the water. Grayson laughs from beside Arya, his right arm leaning against the counter giving him support as he watches Ava run the rag over their daughter. 

"She has a resting bitch face like Wren." 

Ava rolls her eyes putting the rag down and grabs the shampoo bottle. "Daddy's just jealous that you don't look constipated when you give us your RBF," Ava says in her baby voice as Grayson scoffs but the smile never leaving his face. 

Ava continues washing Arya, the whole time she makes small talk to her daughter whether it be about how cute she was or how big she was getting, she talked and sometimes even got a smile out of her. Grayson watched not saying anything, just smiled as Ava had some time with their daughter not wanting the moment to end. 

"She looks so much like you," Grayson says as he stares into Arya's blue eyes, which he hoped would never change. 

"Yeah, but she also has some of you in her as well," Ava whispers as she placed Arya into the towel that he had stretched out on the countertop, quickly wrapping her up before she started to cry from how cold it was now that she was out of the water. 

"Let me get her dressed," Grayson says stepping in front of Arya. Ava smiled taking a step aside as she watched Grayson grab the pink bottle of baby lotion and squirt some into the palm of his hand. 

While Grayson dressed Arya, Ava decided that she was going to go pick up the diaper from the floor and throw it away before it stuck up the apartment. She grabbed her coat before walking outside and sped walk towards the stairs which thankfully had a trashcan on the bottom. She could hear somebody playing basketball down at the hoops that were a few miles down. 

Who the hell plays basketball at ten at night?  she thought to herself she quickly walked up the steps. Ever since the incident that happened almost a month ago with Corey, she couldn't help but be paranoid when she was alone. She was afraid that somebody was going to jump out and hurt her as Corey did. Ava refused to go anywhere alone without Grayson being there in case something did happen.

Ava wanted to get over this fear especially since it seemed so ridiculous now that Corey was locked up and serving some time for what she did, but Ava couldn't help it. She still had nightmares and would wake up in the middle of the night because she had a dream that Corey was shooting her. Sometimes Ava would be pregnant in her dream, or sometimes she would be walking with Arya and pushing her in the stroller that her father got her. 

"Hey, you didn't have to do that I was going to when I finished getting her dressed," Grayson said as soon as Ava walked back in the apartment, her heart racing from the amount of running she had to do before she had a panic attack outside. 

"It's fine," Ava replied shaking her head and waving her hand. "Did you make her a bottle?"

Grayson shook his head handing Arya over to Ava. "No, but let me make her one and then we can go to bed."

Ava nods her head cradling their daughter, the newborn baby smell hitting her nose. Ava smiled down at her as she made eye contact, her crystal blue eyes identical from her own. She kissed Arya's cheek and slowly made her way towards her and Grayson's bedroom, a soft tune being hummed with each step. 

Meanwhile, Grayson heated up a quick bottle of breast milk for Arya so that she could eat. Grayson knew having a baby was a hard task, especially when they had poop accidents like the one Arya just had, but the late-night ups and midnight feedings, Grayson thought he would have gray hair before he hit twenty-six, he tried his best keeping up with the shift changes between him and Ava, but when it's Ava's turn and she's passed out cold Grayson would take her turn. He wanted Ava to rest and she already did so much for Arya that Grayson wanted to repay her the best way he could so if that meant he had to mess up his sleep schedule to do that, then so be it. You did things that you never would have done before when you're in love. 

Grayson takes the bottle out of the bag filled with lukewarm water before walking out of the kitchen, he makes sure that the front door was locked before turning the lights off and making his way towards their bedroom where he knew he would find Ava and Arya. Entering the room, Grayson smiled at the sleeping figures of both Ava and Arya, Arya laying down on her stomach on Ava's chest, both girls mouths lightly parted as they slept. 

Grayson places the bottle down on the dresser, he shuts the lights off and tiptoes towards his side of the bed. He plants a quick kiss on Ava's forehead as well as Arya's before laying down and placing an arm over Ava's lower half and just below Arya's sock covered feet. 

It was days like this when he was happy that things happened the way they did. If he never got drunk at that party he would have never hooked up with Ava and they wouldn't be engaged and wouldn't have their beautiful little family. Sometimes drunken mistakes end up making beautiful mistakes. 

Word Count: 1,250