XXV

Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Today was the gender reveal and Ava couldn't be happier. All week since she had her appointment all Ava could think about was whether or not she was going to have a little footballer or a little cheerleader. She, of course, hasn't spoken to Grayson, nor has he called since that post posted on Facebook. She wasn't sure if Grayson was going to attend today, it wouldn't surprise her if he didn't.  He wasn't there for the appointment so why would he show up for the party? He was probably too busy stuffing his face with Corey's tongue. It hurt her knowing that Grayson wouldn't put his baby before Corey, and she doesn't know if she wants to wait until after the baby was born for her to see how Grayson would act, or just tell him now that he needs to choose his baby or Corey. She didn't want to be cruel but there wasn't much that she could do. 

A knock on her bedroom door at her father's house echoes through the room, Ava pauses her music that was playing through her beats pill and sends Ava a smile as she walks into the room wearing a black tank top with a red flannel to cover her arms and black denim shorts with black combat boots. To say the least she played the part of being the emo version of Ava when she was in middle school when she was obsessed with My Chemical Romance. The days that Ava will never forget.

"So are you and Dylan really dressing up as the stages of my life?" Ava laughs turning her music back on and turning back to the mirror to apply her mascara. Wren laughs nodding her head walking over to the bed seating on the edge of the bed that was directly across from the mirror.

"Yeah, Danny is dressing up as your teenage self, I'm dressing up as your childhood and you're dressing up like your mother stage." Ava shook her head wondering how on earth they got this idea and why she agreed for Wren and Dylan to be in charge of not only this party, but for the baby shower as well. 

"Do you already know what I'm having?" Ava asked hoping that if Wren did look that she could get some sort of hint on what she was to have. Wren shakes her head grabbing her phone from her back pocket and takes a quick selfie before sending it to someone on snapchat.

"No, but how far along are you anyway? And don't pull those weeks shit because I don't understand it when girls do that. I mean why make the person asking do math by doing weeks, just say months." Wren grumbled shaking her head. Ava laughs putting her tube of mascara down and grabs her Matte lipstick that was a nude colored and applied it before replying to Wren's question.

"I'm four months turning five in three weeks."

Wren nods her head taking in Ava's outfit. She wore a white and navy blue striped long-sleeved mid -thigh hipster dress that showed her small baby bump perfectly that was slightly larger than it was from last time that Wren saw it two days ago, and paired the outfit with white converse. Her brown hair was curled in elegant curls that cascaded down her back.

"You look really pretty. Are you wearing it because Chris is coming?" Wren asked wiggling her eyebrows to which Ava rolled her eyes at and shook her head.