Chapter 6

Adelaide

"p-p-please st-stop" I cried. bang!bang! It's been three days since I tried to escape and got caught. Ever since then I've been beaten repeatedly by my father most of the times and when he gets tired he lets his guards do it. I'm bruised all over my body.

I've got some slashes too that I got the first day I got caught. My father took a whip, Removed my clothes so I was only in undergarments and lashed my back 53 times, I counted. It was the only thing keeping me sane. I screamed, cried and pleaded but nothing made him stop.

"I warned you, Adelaide! I warned you but you had to embarrass me in front of all the kingdom! I told you that I would make you regret it! Now you will experience both things! You WILL marry the king no matter what! Is that understood?" I didn't answer so he hit me in the face my face fell down in the ground, my nose flooding with blood. He kicked me in the stomach and left.

I laid on the floor with my face in the pool of blood crying my eyes out. It's been three days, three days!! I can't handle this anymore! I just can't! And it will just get worse and worse! I lift my head and look around in the dungeon there must be something that can end this pain! It's not like anyone will be hurt if I kill myself.

I found a nail in the corner and took it. I looked at it for a long time crying. I've made it this far in life I can't give up now! It had to get better! There must be something good waiting for me. "I HATE THIS! I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT" I screamed. I kept screaming till I couldn't anymore. A second later I heard the dungeon door open.

It was a maid that laid out a plate of food. When she left I grabbed the plate and threw it on the walls. I picked up the knife from the ground and started cutting as hard as I could on my thighs and arms. It bled a lot. I'm stupid, how should these cuts kill me when being whipped on the back 53 times didn't. Minutes went by and my visions started to get blurry. "what the..." I heard before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter