Chapter 10

Adelaide

When I got outside, there were at least 80 horses with a soldier on each. All the horses were white except the one the king, my new husband was on. It was the same dark black that his hair was, it looked magical. He looked like he was ready for battle with his sword and weapons on him. And his intense gaze straight forward. I can't believe we're leaving immediately, I haven't even had anything to eat, but I guess I do understand them, I wouldn't be surprised if my father poisoned them all, including me.

I looked around, looking for a carriage but there were none. Everyone was on their horses, are they leaving without me? Cause it sure looks like it. I just stood there looking like a lost puppy. "what in the bloody hell are you waiting for, woman? Get on the damn horse!" Dominic yelled at me all of sudden, he gestures to the white horse in front of me with no one on it.

Did he expect me to ride a horse? I have never ridden a horse before! And with all the bruises and cuts on my body, I don't think I can even sit on it properly. The horse is gigantic how does he expect me to get up on it alone? Can this get any worse?

I look up at him, "your majesty, I have never ridden a horse before" I tell him. I can see his jaw ticking, and his eyes look into mine with such intensity I had to look down. "oh I forgot, you're a spoiled bitch that doesn't do shit herself! You expected your slaves to carry you or what?!" I looked stunned, not because he was yelling at me or calling me bitch, no I was used to that, but that he really thought I was someone who used people, we didn't have slaves but my family treated the servants working in the castle-like slaves.

He jumps off the horse and in seconds he is in front of me holding a knife towards me, RIIIIIP! he cuts my wedding dress between my legs and lifts me by the waist and puts me on the horse straddling it. I wince. Oh, that was why he cut my dress from the middle.

I looked down between my legs to see if anything was showing but there wasn't. The dress covered my cut thighs and everything. I could feel the cuts on my back by the waist had opened. It stings, and so does the ones on my thighs from sitting the way I do.

I held the reins and tried everything I could not to fall off the horse. "Don't use the reins if you cannot control the horse, hold the handle there and just sit still and do nothing, since that is all that you can do" I removed my hands from the rains and held the handle on the saddle, looking down at my hands trying my best not to cry. Why do I always cry dammit!! I take a deep breath and then all the horses start moving. My whole body hurts! I look back one last time at my home. No one is outside to even give me a goodbye, not even Elenor. I turn back again and look at my hands, I see blood on the horse where my thighs are. This is gonna be a long journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter