Chapter 62

Adelaide

Knock! Knock! "My king, the horses are ready," someone outside the door says. We haven't said anything to each other. Dominic gets up with his back still facing me. He walks toward the door. Is he going without saying goodbye?!! I get up after him. I grab his arm but he doesn't turn around. "Dominic, are you leaving without saying goodbye? What if..." i cry. "I'll be back. I promise" he says. "Dominic you don't know that!" I sob. As much as i want him to come back we can't know that for sure. I dont want to let him leave without saying goodbye. I will regret it forever.

He turns around and i see tears in his eyes. He places are both his hands on my face. "You're right. I dont know if i will come back. I love you so fucking much Adelaide, never ever forget that. You are the light that i never thought i would ever see again. I never thought i could feel this way, to feel happy, to feel hope for a better future but you gave me all that. You gave me a family, baby" he places his forehead onto mine. "And if i dont come back, tell my precious daughter or son that i love them more than anything." He kisses me gently on my mouth. He dries off my tears with his thumbs.

Slowly he kneels down in front of me and caresses my belly. He kisses me a few times. "Take care of your mommy for me" when he says the word mommy i break down and fall to my knees and cry. Dominic puts his hands around me. "Shhhhh. Everything is going to be okay. Shhhhh"I continue to sob and cry. "Here, baby get up" he lifts me up and places me in the bed. He covers me with the blanket.

Knock! Knock! "Baby, i want you to promise me something" dominic says and i nod. "If i die, i want you to take care of yourself okay?" I nod again. "I don't want you to hurt yourself" i gulp trying to untie the knot in my throat. "I want you to be happy, even if i am not a part of that happiness okay?" I grab his face and kiss him while crying. He removes my hands from hos face and smile at me. "I love you," he says one last time and leaves. When i hear the thousands of horse hooves outside fade i cry myself to sleep.

I wake up when i feel the bed dip beside me. I open my eyes and see Alexandra lying there. "Alex?" I say and she immediately begins to cry and i cry with her. Tonight both of our men left and we won't know if they will ever come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter if you did please let me know by voting and/or comments
See you in the next chapter